cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Sound Issue

Gnarly
Level 7
Hi All-

I wonder if anyone has experienced this. I am having trouble with sound on two boxes both R4E's. I here very faint sound. Everything was just fine until I updated to CAP BIOS (I tried reverting same problem). On one machine I have stereo connected on the board and on the other AC97 (just simply did not have the cable length). I am not an audiophile so I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong in the Asus/Realtek setup.

I turned on AC97 in Bios and it makes no difference. There is sound coming from the speakers at full blast, it is just extremely faint. I am using two sets of speakers, both good (rule that out)

TIA.

Jeremy
Rampage IV
Intel 3960 @ 5.1 24/7
32gb G Skill Ripjawas @2400 MHZ (F3-17000CL11Q2-64GBZLD)
Asus HD 7970's x3 (Swiftech Kimodo Water Blocks)
Cosmos II (10 LED Fans w-built in fan controller)
Corsair AX 1200 PSU
Cusrom Water; Chipset/CPU/Cards/ETC
All Votex PWM Fans (German Engineered); Best I have ever used
5 REPLIES 5

Chino
Level 15
So you were using an older BIOS most likely 1404 or older. You decided to up to a newer BIOS. So you installed the BIOS converter then you proceeded to updating with a new CAP BIOS. Is this correct? And what version BIOS are you currently running?

pcunite
Level 8
Try these
Control Panel / Sound / Communications = set to Do Nothing

Control Panel / Sound / Playback / Speakers (choose the correct one) / Properties = adjust levels, adust enhancements

Control Panel / Sound / Playback / Speakers (choose the correct one) / Configure = set to Stereo or 5.1 etc.
i5-3570k | V Gene | HD 4000 | Crucial M4 256GB | Fractal Design Mini | NEC 2490WUXi2

Running 3404.. Used the converter.

Thanks pcunite. Tried all that. Nothing.
Rampage IV
Intel 3960 @ 5.1 24/7
Corsair AX 1200 PSU

HiVizMan
Level 40
Whats up Gnarly, sorry to hear you are having issues dude.

Dude check your windows update and see if there have been any sound driver auto updates recently please mate.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Gnarly
Level 7
No updates. I have yet to install Windows 8. It is sitting right here and I just have not been in the mood. I had both systems at 3204 and the sound was just fine.

Any way to revert from .CAP if it is in fact a problem with this BIOS?
Rampage IV
Intel 3960 @ 5.1 24/7
Corsair AX 1200 PSU