cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely disgusted with product and support from Asus

alfa123
Level 7
In December, 2011, I purchased the Vulcan ANC headphone from Amazon.co.uk. I didn't realize the mistake I had done.
A couple of weeks ago, I noticed the earcups' leather was tearing off and consequently, exposing the internal foam. I didn't think it was a big deal, since I have a 2-year guarantee from Asus.
Firstly, I'm not currently in the UK, the place where the headphone was purchased. I also know the warranty is local, so obviously I will have to send the headphone back to the UK. I don't have any problems with that.
The first thing I did was contact Asus UK and ask for support. They said Amazon.co.uk would be responsible for collecting the broken headphone. I contacted them, and they refused to collect stating they offer 1-year warranty only. Additional warranty should be honored by the manufacturer. Asus support also said that if Amazon didn't accept the return, I should contact spire.co.uk. Well, I sent dozens of e-mail to Spire in several sectors, including the returns one and none was replied. I decided I would call them instead. The lady told me Spire accepts just returns of products which were bought there, and mine was not eligible.
The other lady from Asus support keeps asking me why they don't accept my product. I have explained so many times, and apparently she does not understand. The question I should ask is: "Why Asus does not accept my product back itself?"
Therefore, I have a headphone sitting over my desk I cannot use and Asus doesn't do anything about it.
Buy this headphone only if you want your pads tearing off after one year and have no real support at all.
Some photos:

2 REPLIES 2

chrsplmr
Level 18
Your gripe is not with Asus, imho .. it is with Amazon/Spire .. which sold you the
headphones under their specific agreement .. it is for them to handle .. also, imho.

and .. yeah .. thats not pretty .. but why cant you use them ?? or just fix it yourself
rather than be chased in circles ??? Do the work as they did .. and just cosmetic ??
(not that i dont agree with you that 2years is 2years .. but looking at the vinyl around
the opening .. hahaha .. did you wear them 5 years worth ??? [ j/k] ...
best of luck in this ...

Welcome to ROG.c.

alfa123
Level 7
I don't know how the laws work in the UK, but the only certain thing is that Asus is directly responsible, since I have a warranty contract with them. I cannot use them, because the internal foam makes it extremely uncomfortable to wear. If I fix it myself, I will void my guarantee and that's not the point.
Asus also doesn't sell the pads separately, meaning that if you need to have yours replaced after the end of the warranty, it's better to throw the whole headphone away.
By the way, in the photos I took last week, the tear was minimum: