cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown device since windows 8 !

r33fd
Level 7
Since I've upgraded to windows 8, I'm seeing an unknown device in device manager .
I have all the latest drivers from asus website and my pc seems to ran just normal .
What do you think it could be the cause?
8 REPLIES 8

SubmersedHollow
Level 9
i think it is ATK package that u have to install. (it's under windows 7 x64 drivers - i dont think windows 8 has one) if this doesn't help please post a screenshot of the missing device.

rewben
Level 13
so what's that unknown device that you are talking about? can you please provide the hardware id of that device?

Try installing the Asus Wireless Radio Control from the ASUS download site.

I'm encountering the same issue. Here are some screenshots of my device manager:

21043 21044

Everything seems to be working so far. Here's what I can confirm working:

Wireless LAN
Sound (and subwoofer)
Card Reader
Keyboard (backlight as well as shortcut keys)
Touchpad
USB ports
G75VW || 660m / 24GB RAM / Sandisk Extreme 240GB SSD

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Have you guys installed Intel Management Engine Interface driver....that left un-installed often leaves an unknown device.....

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Have you guys installed Intel Management Engine Interface driver....that left un-installed often leaves an unknown device.....

Yep, it's listed in the middle of the 2nd picture I posted. 🙂

Pikapichu
Level 9
Sweet, I found the driver I was missing thanks to this old thread. (the last post)

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?25165-Unknown-Device-after-upgrading-to-Win-8-64bit

It's has to do with some sort of airport toggle.

ggBanks
Level 10
Yep that is the driver that enables your Fn+2 switch on the keyboard. I don't know why they didn't incorporate it into the ATK package like all the other Fn keys and made it separate, but one thing I know is that ASUS makes strange things.