Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

hello there im new to this rog deal. im and ex evga user not turned rog. doing a complete system rebuild at the moment and will try to post some pics. my old evga set up finaly crapped the bucket on me a few weeks ago and ive ben tossed up on what to use. stay with evga or go back to asus. my old alienware had a asus p6t deluxe mobo that was strong so i decided to try asus again. so instead of using the old 1366 socket core i7 i had in my evga sli le mobo i fell in love with the asus maximus v formula mobo. wich i had to upgrade to a 1155 core i7. so specs now are as follows.
    asus maximus v formula
    core i7 3770k 3.5, will over clock once build is done of course.
    corsair h100i liquid cpu cooler
    16 gig corsair vengeance red 1600 ddr3
    duel asus matrix gtx 580, got them at a great deal couldnt pass it up. replace two evga 560ti's in sli.
    samsung 840 series 120 gig ssd for bood drive, windows 7 64bit pro.
    3 1k seagate baracudas 7200 rpm media drives
    asus blue ray, and dvd burner duel stack
    cooler master haf x case with replaced all blue led cooler master fans.
    all other components are razer, lycosa, mamaba, nostromo, and goliathus xl speed mouse pad.

i hope this will get into this rog nation club being my first rog build, lol. so im turned asus.

ROG AirWays Captain Array TenBlade's Avatar

Hi, gr98, welcomt to the ROGs. Good build you´re going for, seems like you did your homework
    You have mistakenly posted in an ongoing thread, you can introduce yourself in the top sticky in this section:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdispl...ral-Discussion
    Last edited by TenBlade; 02-12-2013 at 05:11 AM.

ROG Member Array

Silver Wolf: Nice one, some super slick cases!

So with this in mind:
    Intel® Core™ i5-2310 Processor - Already owned
    Zalman Z11 Tower - Already owned
    4 CoolMaster Fans - Already owned
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Fan - Already owned
    PSU - Already Owed - http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-zs-...er-supply.html

so as mentioned, I've bought all this for £180 - may of been a rash move, and i know i will need to update bits in 6/12 months, but thats the fun of this addiction right?. but where can i go from here? i was up researching last night but it all comes from experience and there is bags of it on this forum, and i thank you all again for helping me with this.

i do need to make so definite decisions as i'm going to bed with specs and benchmark scores whizzing round my head.

can i run crossfire on 2 x 7850 with the PSU i have? or do i get the HD7970 DD Ghost Thermal and future proof, will my CPU run either?

i would like to push beyond 1080p in games? and this maybe a silly question, does 1080p look better on PC games than 1080p on an PS3 or XBOX360?

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array KPRage PC Specs
    KPRage PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus V Gene
    Processor3570k
    Memory (part number)Vengance 1866 8Gb Ram
    Graphics Card #1Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Graphics Card #2ASUS R9 280 DC2
    Graphics Card #3Radeon 5850 HD
    MonitorASUS VZ27AQ
    Storage #1Samsun EVO 850 Pro
    Storage #23 1TB HDDs
    CPU CoolerH80
    CaseMerc Alpha
    Power SupplyTX 650 80 plus Gold
    OS Win 7/ Win 8.1/ Win 10

Quote Originally Posted by robotlove View Post
    Silver Wolf: Nice one, some super slick cases!

So with this in mind:
    Intel® Core™ i5-2310 Processor - Already owned
    Zalman Z11 Tower - Already owned
    4 CoolMaster Fans - Already owned
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Fan - Already owned
    PSU - Already Owed - http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-zs-...er-supply.html
    Well, since you already have 2310, which you will not be able to over clock AFAIK, if you do not plan on buying a new CPU (which I suggest, please do buy :P ), then any Z77 mobo is fine for you as of now.. Also, if you want to know which ones are the best in terms of PSU follow this link: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/page/power

so as mentioned, I've bought all this for - may of been a rash move, and i know i will need to update bits in 6/12 months, but thats the fun of this addiction right?. but where can i go from here? i was up researching last night but it all comes from experience and there is bags of it on this forum, and i thank you all again for helping me with this.
    Always fun to research and, learn about the techs.. But the more you research, the more you feel there will be a better one out there..

i do need to make so definite decisions as i'm going to bed with specs and benchmark scores whizzing round my head.
    Wait till you get your rig and, start doing it in real.. You just can't come out of it..

can i run crossfire on 2 x 7850 with the PSU i have? or do i get the HD7970 DD Ghost Thermal and future proof, will my CPU run either?
    When in doubt, trust the numbers.. You can use these links to calculate what is the PSU wattage you will be needing: http://www.extreme.outervision.com/p...ulatorlite.jsp and, http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/

i would like to push beyond 1080p in games? and this maybe a silly question, does 1080p look better on PC games than 1080p on an PS3 or XBOX360?
    Well, as of now, the PC games come with better graphics and, the GPUs are now more than capable to spit out an awesome world of games in HD.. They do look similar, if not, better than the PS3 or XBOX ones (though I have no personal experience in either PS3 or XBOX!! Am quoting based on the videos posted on youtube ).
    Hope this helps!!
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k OC'd to 4.6GHz @1.170V; Mobo: MVG; GPU: Zotac 1070 mini OC'd to +210MHz/+205MHz; Memory: 8GB (2X4GB dual channel) Corsair Vengeance 1333Mhz 9-10-9-T2; SSD: Samsung 840 pro; HDD: 1TB WD Green 6Gbps; PSU: Corsair GS 600w; Case: Bitfenix Merc Alpha:Hybrid Octane in progress; Cooler: Corsair H80 closed loop cooling @ high profile;

Pre & Post Build Guide

A lot of epic FAIL videos are made before one epic WIN video is made

ROG Member Array

Even with my being generous on that calculator it comes back with 660W so i think 750W will be fine for now.
    I think for ease and future proof i will pay the money for a good single GPU and 'ROG' MOBO

Quote Originally Posted by robotlove View Post
    does 1080p look better on PC games than 1080p on an PS3 or XBOX360?
    yes it does, Xbox360 runs at 720P and PS3 runs at 1080P and none of them can compare to PC.
    PC vs Xbox : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeTHztzTVzI

ROG Member Array

WOW!
    I MEAN WOW!!

This has been so helpful.

When i get the bits and bobs through will continue this post, or will it close down?

ROG Enthusiast Array

hi there tenblade, thanks for the heads up just saw the article post saying new builds so thought i would jump in but i will hit up the new comers forum and get my intro. ive never done the forum deals so this is all new to me. thanks again.

ROG AirWays Captain Array TenBlade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ghostreaper98 View Post
    hi there tenblade, thanks for the heads up just saw the article post saying new builds so thought i would jump in but i will hit up the new comers forum and get my intro. ive never done the forum deals so this is all new to me. thanks again.
    No worries, mate. And if you require assistance to a problem, you will always get the most attention on your issues if you make your own new threads. Even if you have a problem that is similar to another member´s, you may not have the exact same hardware, so solutions to issues may be different, and it gets hard to keep track of who-tweaks-what-in-the-where-now when people try to solve two peoples problems in the same thread.
    I´m sure you will enjoy your stay at the ROGs

...aaand back to the studio with robotlove!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast