cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to shutdown pc in case of pump failure.

Area_66
Level 11
I will like to know witch software and setting you are using to shutdown the PC in case of water pump failure ( of course the pump has to be equip with a sensor )

I'm using Speedfan, witch one are you using ?
10 REPLIES 10

Skull6
Level 10
I take it that you want this to be automated, like "if the pump fails, then shut down computer"?
"If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. & if you can't pick it up...paint it RED & BLACK !!"
G75VW-BBK5 {stock}

............ Macrium Reflect ..................Full G55VW/G75VW model list!

Granger
Level 10
Lower the CPU max temp in the BIOS, PC will shut down to protect itself, I think its defaulted at 90° and to be on the safe side, I dropped mine down to 70° 😉

Granger wrote:
Lower the CPU max temp in the BIOS, PC will shut down to protect itself, I think its defaulted at 90° and to be on the safe side, I dropped mine down to 70° 😉

Excellent .. thnx for the heads up ...

kkn ... a bit much ??? can Never be toooooo much ...

I dont have 'water' and am running the CrossHair V on Air .. hehehe .. ooops ..
just turn it on .. ROG .. and forget it.

66 .. the biggest concerne i would have is leakage .. and that would
be a pressure switch of some sort .. imho.c.

Mankz
Level 10
You can set it up through something like an Aquacomputer Aquero.. Otherwise, lowering the thermal threshold is probably the best idea.

kkn
Level 14
like mankz sait, and a flow meter.
that way the controller can shut down the pc if there is enny thing wrong.
the controller is a bit expensive, but you need one whit aquabus.
i have the XT ( largest version whit a remote controll ) , you can set up fans ( speed ) and flow meter,+++
lots of things that i have not started to look over yet. ( been playing games bit mutch 😛 )

Area_66
Level 11
Well thanks for the input, I think I was not clear, I don't ask for help, I just want you share what software you use to monitor and control the pump . I use Speedfan , it will shut down if the pump stop to work as I have a tach on my Lang pump. I ask if you have other solution to see what else is available. I will edit my first post

kkn I do have the Aqua XT on one og my PC nice features.

Area 66 wrote:
og

oh how menny times have i missed that f at times and writen og ( og = and )

Zka17
Level 16
This may not be the best way... but did it last time I forgot to turn on the pumps (I have them on a different PSU): hit the kill switch as soon as you observe that there is no flow in your loop... 🙂

The problem with this method may be if you don't observe it in time... but then some of the protective mechanisms will kick in... hopefully...

Area_66
Level 11
Well I play a little bit with my Aquero this morning, and it seem the only way to shut down the PC is with a relay. and I'm gone need one that support 1200 watts. It,s not a problem for me to build one , but I found that Kollence has a similar product and I order one. The software look to do my need very well, shutdown the PC and at $ 100 it's way more afordable, I will make a little review when I get it . I will not control fans with it, but I'm sure those regulator we see will benefits of a heatsink, I will see what are the posibility to install one.