New ROGer Array

Post No Digital-In (For Console Rec.)? ; Stereo-Mix (EQ & DSP Stuff) for Digital Out?

Dear RoG Community!

I consider buying the Xonar Pheobus to replace my old X-Fi Titanium sound card.
    Basically I've got two questions:

• Is there an option for "Stereo Mix" like on the X-Fi cards, so that any audio-processor enhancements like Equalizer, Virtual Surround and any other software "effects" also have an impact on the sound of the "Digital-Out"?

I would like to connect my Xonar Essence One to the Xonar Phoebus via Toslink, so I can benefit from the Equalizer and any other effects from the DSP of the Xonar Phoebus (just like I could on the X-Fi).

• Is there any possibility to connect my console to the Xonar Phoebus (directly or indirectly)? Is there any "Digital-Input" on the Xonar Phoebus?

Just like on my X-Fi, I was able to connect my Playstation 3 via Toslink to the Digital-Input of the soundcard. That enables me to listen to my Playstation 3 and PC simultaneously through the Digital-Out (my headphones on the E1) and Line-Out of my sound card (speakers).

Thank you for your time!
    Any help is much appreciated!

Kenion
    Last edited by Kenion; 02-11-2013 at 06:18 PM.
    Intel i7 960 3,2 Ghz @ 4,1 Ghz : 3x 4 GB RAM G.Skill Sniper : Alienware Area 51 Case : Nvidia Geforce GTX 590 : Samsung SA950 120hz (3D-Vision Ready Mod) : Samsung SSD Drive 840 / 830 Series 500 / 128 GB

Titanium X-Fi -> Asus Xonar Essence One (LME49990+AD797BR) -> Sennheiser HD 800
    Titanium X-Fi + (Playstation 3 Digital IN) -> Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround Speakers
    Portable: Samsung Galaxy S3 -> Fiio E7 -> Pioneer HDJ-2000

ROG Member Array

I don't know if there is any way to connect a console with multichannel audio to the soundcard, I would be interested as well, what I do right now is connect a simple stereo cable in the tv headphone plug and in the phoebus line in

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Brandhor View Post
    I don't know if there is any way to connect a console with multichannel audio to the soundcard, I would be interested as well, what I do right now is connect a simple stereo cable in the tv headphone plug and in the phoebus line in
    Well, thats not ideal but still a worth doing workaround.
    Thanks a lot Brandhor!
    Intel i7 960 3,2 Ghz @ 4,1 Ghz : 3x 4 GB RAM G.Skill Sniper : Alienware Area 51 Case : Nvidia Geforce GTX 590 : Samsung SA950 120hz (3D-Vision Ready Mod) : Samsung SSD Drive 840 / 830 Series 500 / 128 GB

Titanium X-Fi -> Asus Xonar Essence One (LME49990+AD797BR) -> Sennheiser HD 800
    Titanium X-Fi + (Playstation 3 Digital IN) -> Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround Speakers
    Portable: Samsung Galaxy S3 -> Fiio E7 -> Pioneer HDJ-2000

Banned Array

Creative is more flexible in term of connections.
    You can connect PS3 by analog only.
    There is an almost 1 second latency before you can hear "line in" sound. Creative almost has no latency.
    Xonar Essence One is a way better than Phoebus.
    All that DSP is a marketing crap.
    EQ is in Dolby Home Theatre only.
    You can`t use Dolby and Virtual Surround simultaneously.

ASUS do nothing to fix bugs in driver.
    You will not get any improvements over your setup.