cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird blue thing ( Like a GUM)

nss
Level 7
Hello,

So I was cleaning my fans filters , when I noticed like a blue gum thing in the middle of the laptop, Has anyone seen this or ??

Thanks for your help !

And that's another photo from google too ...17051
18 REPLIES 18

rewben
Level 13
melted thermal pad?

That's another picture that I found on google too !

nss
Level 7
I really don't know, but some people told me it's a thermal paste that was placed for the cpu... hoping to know exactly what's this thing...

And by the way, the laptop is working really good

chrsplmr
Level 18
I have never seen blue thermal paste .. no idea but very curious.c.

dstrakele
Level 14
I've always suspected these things were held together with spit and bubblegum....
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
I've always suspected these things were held together with spit and bubblegum....

haha!

@nss, http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-heatsink-thermal-pad.htm

hm.. if you need confirmation, i think it's better for you to wait for a bit to let someone who knows to reply this.

some of my friends here have proved that applying thermal grease/paste instead of pad is far more effective.

dstrakele wrote:

I got a good kick out of that. LOL

nss
Level 7
It will be great if someone can tell me if it's thermal paste or not, because the weird thing is that the cpu isnt over heating and the laptop is working good ....

nss
Level 7
@rewben the problem is not if it's better or not, but more if it's a thermal paste or something that burned or a default from the production...