cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When we see next G series laptop ?

fantomasz
Level 7
I would love to buy new model with stronger gpu like 680.
When wee see next model? Will they ofer top of the line graphics?
18 REPLIES 18

xeromist
From what I understand the 680 isn't in the price range or TDP envelope that ASUS is interested in building. I don't think we will see a more powerful GPU until the next generation of mobile chips. (Disclaimer: I don't work for ASUS or have any inside knowledge so I could be wrong).

Have you actually tried one of the current machines? They're not bad.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Sinless
Level 10
I think GTX 760M/770M are a safe bet. It would be a nice surprise if ASUS include ATI cards, but i think thats unlikely.
Asus G75VW-RS72 :cool:
Old reliable Qosmio X305

Fire
Level 10
If ASUS decides to go with an ATI GPU I will buy an AlienWare. I hate ATI chipsets. Their drivers suck and you can't update them through the manufacturer site only stuck with your laptop manufacturer's drivers unlike nVIDIA's drivers which work on all laptops

Fire wrote:
If ASUS decides to go with an ATI GPU I will buy an AlienWare. I hate ATI chipsets. Their drivers suck and you can't update them through the manufacturer site only stuck with your laptop manufacturer's drivers unlike nVIDIA's drivers which work on all laptops

A few years ago, I had a Dell laptop that had an ATI GPU, and I could update the drivers from ATI's site. Had to mod a file of course, but it worked.

Vicodin
Level 10
I am wondering this myself. I have noticed that Origin offers a laptop with Dual GTX 680 M graphic cards, but we are now talking about a $5000 laptop... lol

Vicodin wrote:
I am wondering this myself. I have noticed that Origin offers a laptop with Dual GTX 680 M graphic cards, but we are now talking about a $5000 laptop... lol

I wonder if anyone has actually purchased one of these... If I had $5000 to invest in a computer, I would build a desktop that far exceeded that laptop.

Vicodin wrote:
I wonder if anyone has actually purchased one of these... If I had $5000 to invest in a computer, I would build a desktop that far exceeded that laptop.

same here; if i really needed a powerful personal computer, the desktop route makes more sense. whatever you can put into a laptop, it's still a laptop (with apparent limitations like power supply).

adham_dehe
Level 7
How about extra bay for dual GPU like the Lenovo Y500? Actually which is better, single powerful GPU or 2 GPU that give perfomance of single powerful GPU?

adham_dehe
Level 7
hinsbluck wrote:
If I had $5000 to invest in a computer, I would build a desktop that far exceeded that laptop.thank you

Woah, is there such laptop that cost $5000?!