cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with my Asus G73sw

chris60
Level 7
Need help with my G73sw laptop a while back tryed to update nvidia drivers which had problem's with when hook up hdmi to tv the screen would jump every few min was hoping find way to fix it then my 3d vision was working great when i first got it and sense i did some update see ghosting on it which didn't have before. also while back had got virus on my computer while back did reinstall windows but my computer act slower when it was updating windows and for some reason wont let me update Roxio player before wouldn't let me go in full screen mode.
Hope someone can help me with this thanks.
24 REPLIES 24

chris60
Level 7
Still need help dont know how to get the update for the roxio cineplayer and hope to get the nvidia 3d vison stop from ghosting.

Zygomorphic
Level 17
Download the nVidia driver from the ASUS website and see if that one helps. As to Roxio player, try going to their website and seeing if there is a newer version available for download.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

chris60
Level 7
I tryed go to the Roxio website look for update for the Roxio Cineplayer BD but cant download it is there another way can find it.

chris60
Level 7
I did try update the Nvidia driver before thats what think that started the ghosting when I was trying to fix the hdmi from my computer to my tv from jumping.

dstrakele
Level 14
NVIDIA driver remnants that fail to uninstall can cause video issues. I recommend updating to the latest NVIDIA driver version by booting into Windows Safe Mode and performing a 'clean' NVIDIA install (launch the NVIDIA installer, choose "Custom Instal" and check the "Clean Installation" checkbox). The clean install will hopefully remove any previously uninstalled NVIDIA driver remnants while performing the installation from Safe Mode will disable other running drivers (such as Antivirus) that may interfere with your NVIDIA driver installation.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

chris60
Level 7
Just tryed that I redownload the new update in safe mode but didnt fix it but did notice something odd after downloading it .

dstrakele
Level 14
Try using Windows System Restore to restore your system to a time when your laptop functioned correctly.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

chris60
Level 7
Does anybody know where I can find the Roxio Cineplayer BD 3D update I cant find it on the website ?

chris60 wrote:
Does anybody know where I can find the Roxio Cineplayer BD 3D update I cant find it on the website ?

I have the Roxio CinePlayer BD since I bought my G74 in October of 2011.
The only update was the version 5.8.A06 in 2012. No later update/s until now, as far as I know..

What version of the player do you currently have?..

Visiting the Roxio website, one can't help but think that the CinePlayer BD
is an abandoned software by its makers.

I read somewhere that some of the newer 3D/BluRay movies can't play on the CinePlayer.
Feeling lucky it hasn't failed me yet. But wouldn't think twice of changing it, the moment
it stops serving its purpose.
ASUS G74SX-3DE