cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raid 0 won't boot sometimes on a MVE

Mich2Ga
Level 7
I get the following message after a restart 90% of the time. Enabled Raid in UEFI, then set raid volume. Installed windows.. Every time I restart just about, I get the following message. Any help is appreciated

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disk and restart your computer
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device inaccessible
7 REPLIES 7

HiVizMan
Level 40
Let me see if I have understood you correctly.

Your RAID discs are connected to the Intel SATA ports

You open your BIOS.
Navigate to the SATA mode ---> Set RAID mode
Ctrl I to set up your RAID
Install OS (which OS by the way)

And then you get that message.

OK how many other discs do you have installed and what have you set as your default boot device.
And lastly how did you do your OS install, via DVD USB or other.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Mich2Ga
Level 7
Yes I've done that. I have a 1.5 & 3TD HDD's. My SSD's are setup for default boot device. Also it shows the control i screen every time it boots up..

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK what I suggest you do is ensure that each of the SATA cables is kink free or has not been bent to much when fitting into the case. And also that they are securely fitted to the SATA port and the SSD.

Loose cables or damaged cabling is the single most common cause for what you are describing.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Mich2Ga
Level 7
Okay, will do. Thank you for taking the time to help....

HiVizMan
Level 40
No problem mate. How did it go? Was it as simple as a loose connector?

Mich2Ga
Level 7
That was it, much better now. I enjoyed gaming so much, that I slept in the computer chair..... I appreciate it much...

HiVizMan
Level 40
No problem buddy, it is often the most simple of things that need attention. Human kind by nature seems to want to over complicate stuff.

Enjoy your gaming.