New ROGer Array

Question BlueTooth Range is Exteremely Low?

Strange problem I've been having.
    If I try to use any of my BlueTooth devices over a 3ft distance, the signal is greatly degraded.
    All my BT devices experience the same issue. Mouse, Keyboard, and Game Controller.
    Thought it was some of my other hardware interrupting the signal at first, but I've got a laptop whose BT works over 20ft.
    With this, I can't even lean back in my chair without my game controller disconnecting.

I've got all the latest bios (3404) and BT drivers (V8.0.0.202) installed already.
    Has anyone else had this problem, or know how to fix?
    Thanks in advance.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

I hate to tell ya but the bluetooth setup on this board sucks.
    The only way it ever works is, as you said, if you are closer than 3 feet to the antenna on the board. (Encapsulated in the blue cheap looking plastic)
    Absolute dismal performance compared to the Rampage III Black Edition. (My previous board)
    A shame they cheaped out on this aspect.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Sucks is such a nice way to describe the bluetooth performance.

Me I went and pulled the blue thing out of my board and stuck a £6.95 mini dongle in and now have the coverage I want.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array HalloweenWeed's Avatar

Hmm, I can use my Jabra Supreme all the way across my house (about 10yds, 30', 10m). However, there is one spot in my dining room, about 5yds away, where reception is dead. But I live out in the boondocks so-to-speak. Radio Interferance can make a big difference. But we also have a wi-fi Xmiter, and cordless phones (Dect6.0). If you live in a densly populated area, such as an apartment building, you may just have a lot of RFI, and that will reduce your range. Also, if your computer is under a big metal desk that's going to hurt communication as well. But as HiVizMan pointed out, sorta, the onboard antenna is not in the best position. The case shields the radio waves, meaning they only go out one way, and must bounce off of things to get to their destination. In my case (not PC case), my wife's computer is just a foot behind mine, the radio waves must bounce off of that, giving me more range? Yes, an external would give you a better antenna positioning, farther away from your metal case, so the radio waves radiate out in a larger arc of directions (both ways, Xmit and recieve).

One thing you could do is try putting a large grounded metal object not too far behind your computer, so the RF could bounce off that. Or turn or reposition your computer. FYI.

New ROGer Array

Wow, that's interesting. Thanks again for all the input.
    I was able to overcome this by getting a cheap USB Mini Dongle, as HiViz suggested. XD
    Shoved it in one of my Front Panel USB 2.0 ports, and all is good.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi Ice Cream View Post
    Wow, that's interesting. Thanks again for all the input.
    I was able to overcome this by getting a cheap USB Mini Dongle, as HiViz suggested. XD
    Shoved it in one of my Front Panel USB 2.0 ports, and all is good.
    I like the simple fixes.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

New ROGer Array

BLUETOOTH RANGE PROBLEM SOLVED !

Had the same trouble with Bluetooth range.
    Connected the WIFI aerial and problem solved.

ROG Member Array lazymon PC Specs
    lazymon PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage iv Extreme

I'm starting to think I payed way too much for this board. I only recently got the bluetooth to work by reinstalling the drivers. My iphone has to be on my computer desk for it to work.
    HiVisMan, just curious, can you physically remove the bluetooth out of the IO panel?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by billydash View Post
    BLUETOOTH RANGE PROBLEM SOLVED !

Had the same trouble with Bluetooth range.
    Connected the WIFI aerial and problem solved.
    This worked for me! I was having the same issue and once I hooked up the antenna it fixed it. I guess it needs that antenna as well.

New ROGer Array

same here

Quote Originally Posted by KillaBandit View Post
    This worked for me! I was having the same issue and once I hooked up the antenna it fixed it. I guess it needs that antenna as well.
    Same for me too, cheers