cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Crosshair Formula Z build

Turbid
Level 7
I have some problems with my build.....I have Crosshair V Formula Z ,FX 8350,HD 7970 Matrix Platinum, 16 GB 1866mhz ram , Cooler master Hybrid 1300.....i insert 24pin + 4pin on mother board and when i switch on a computer, i have a red light DRAM and after some time LEDVGA starts to flash .....and screen doesn't switch on as well...
6 REPLIES 6

Chino
Level 15
The 8 pin power connector is the obligatory one. The 4 pin power connector is optional. But I'm sure your PSU has that connector too so plugging it in won't do any harm.

It's normal for the QLEDs (4 of them beside the 24 pin power connector) to flash when you post. The problem is when they stay lit. Do any of them stay lit? And do the fans on the GPU spin up?

This power sup have 8pin connetctor but not same profile 🙂 check you maybe please this PSU....DRAM stay lit all the time,on the GPU fans spin up but i think +/- on voltage dont work....

Turbid
Level 7
Oh and when i press "go button" LEDVGA starts to flash. And dvd writer is closing too fats and can't even manage to put there a disc. And the LED display shows the error FF.

Chino
Level 15
I need you to look for a long, thin sticker on your motherboard. It has a bar code and a lot of numbers on it. Please post the last 4 digits that you see.

My system now working 😄 I don't How I repair this 🙂 But now I Have other problem, Can you please help.....When I installed windows I choice a SSD like primary but now when I am in desktop I cant find my HDD 😞

Area_66
Level 11
start menu -> right click on computer -> choose manage -> disk management, you have to activate the disk, create a partition and format it.

By the way you may have another problem if you have install windows with more than a SSD , so post us a pic of the disk managment to see if everything is ok.