Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: noob question

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    Did you see any change when you ran the test?

Please post a screenshot of your GPUz.
    nothing happens still runing at x8

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

Can you make the relevent number bigger I can't see anything

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Ok well it is not the Motherboard. As the PCIe lane is Gen 3 and 16x.

Pup your VGA in another PCIe slot (if you have another 16x only) and see if that is making any difference.

The other thing I can think of is to do some benchmarks to see if you have any loss of performance.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Area 66 View Post
    Can you make the relevent number bigger I can't see anything
    Right click on image and open in new tab. The image is very big actually and the forum resizes that is why you can not see my friend.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

Ok well it is not the Motherboard. As the PCIe lane is Gen 3 and 16x.

Pup your VGA in another PCIe slot (if you have another 16x only) and see if that is making any difference.

The other thing I can think of is to do some benchmarks to see if you have any loss of performance.
    ok i will try it later after my work is done, but my question is when i tried to pup my 550 ti my mobo dint not recognize it, i mean no display on my monitor [no bios display]
    Last edited by bentong; 02-16-2013 at 10:04 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array rog-classified's Avatar

I use the PCIe 1 and PCIe 2b for my two cards. So no problem there.
    is your vga card take 3 slots as mine? if you use pcie 1 and 2b are they going to be extremely hot?i try this today, i put ati 6950 to the 2b slot( give the power and let it run free didn't connect any screen) and play skyrim for about 2 hour and gtx 680 gets near to 70 degree Celsius. room temperature about 18 degree. in summer it might go up to 90?
    Last edited by rog-classified; 02-17-2013 at 07:22 AM.
    It ain't over till the fat lady sings ...

I run 2 680 DCII cards on my system. So yes three slot cards. And yes the top card does get hot. But remember they are graphic cards and they are designed to run quite a bit warmer than a CPU.

What I do have is good airflow in my case. I do not blow cool air onto the VGA cards as I have my doubts that doing so helps at all. So what I have is two intake fans pulling air into the case via the front panel.

The two fans (same type) pulling air out of the case at the top. This creates a very nice through draft if you like and my card are never unreasonably warm.

I run 2 680 DCII cards on my system. So yes three slot cards. And yes the top card does get hot. But remember they are graphic cards and they are designed to run quite a bit warmer than a CPU.
    What I do have is good airflow in my case. I do not blow cool air onto the VGA cards as I have my doubts that doing so helps at all. So what I have is two intake fans pulling air into the case via the front panel.
    The two fans (same type) pulling air out of the case at the top. This creates a very nice through draft if you like and my card are never unreasonably warm.
    ok that helps. my case is cosmose 2 and can mount 2 fans. if not ill take of the cover of the first 680 and let fans free flow.

In SLi it is actually better to have the full shrouded (reference) cards. They blow the hot air out of the case. The big 3 slot cards tend to push hot air all over the case if there is not a strong flow of air.

Let me know how it goes please.

In SLi it is actually better to have the full shrouded (reference) cards. They blow the hot air out of the case. The big 3 slot cards tend to push hot air all over the case if there is not a strong flow of air.

Let me know how it goes please.
    waiting for the card, ill let you know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2