cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Formula - Disabling iGPU?

RagingShadow07
Level 7
I can't seem to get the iGPU of the 3770k to go away. It's still showing up in device manager as a generic VGA adapter. On a few occasions it's actually caused my system to lock up and shut out my GPUs. When I rebooted after that Windows would lock up at the loading screen until I go into safe mode and uninstall the VGA adapter. It comes right back on the next reboot, and it's getting on my nerves. Is there any way to almost completely disable the iGPU? In the BIOS multi-monitor is off, and I just completely uninstalled Lucid VirtuMVP.
Maximus V Formula/3770k@4.5/XFX 7970BE @ 1150/1600/Vengeance 1600/HAF XB/AX850
5 REPLIES 5

Chino
Level 15
You cannot disable the iGPU completely. What you can do is choose PCIe as the primary device in the BIOS and have iGPU Multi-Monitor Support disabled like you mentioned. As long as you're using a discrete GPU and your monitor's cable is connected to it, the iGPU won't bother you.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Where do you have your VGA cable connected to, the discrete card or the inout panel?

Set PCIe as the default device for graphics.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

feniks
Level 11
go to System Agent menu in BIOS, then under Internal Graphics (iGPU) make sure the Multi Display render (or something among those lines) is set to disabled and make sure the primary Graphics is set to PCIe (or wahtever starting with P) .. I need to get some sleep LOL. sorry, can't be be more specific.
.: R3C0NF1GUR3D :.
ASUS MVE :: 3770K bench @ 5.2GHz (delidded) :: 2x4GB Mushkin 996990 @ 2400MHz CL10 @ 1.7V :: evga 670 2GB SLI @ 1280/7108 :: Mushkin Chronos 240GB SSD RAID0 (OS) :: WD RE4 2TB (storage) 2TB :: Hitachi Deskstar 5K300 2TB (backup USB3.0) :: ASUS VG248QE 24'' 144Hz monitor

My rig with pictures
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

HiVizMan
Level 40
feniks you have done well today my friend you get some sleep.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Melkor
Level 7
I had the same problem after one of my GTX 690's died - I couldn't get rid of iGPU even after making changes in BIOS. What worked for me was switching from BIOS 1 to BIOS 2 - if BIOS 2 is different version than BIOS 1 so update of iROG 1 and 2 can happen after changing BIOS chips. When PCIe graphic card is connected then it won't show up any iGPU voltages in BIOS or Generic VGA Adapter in Device Manager etc. Or just flash current BIOS again and it should work the same.