ROG Enthusiast Array Mandangalo18's Avatar

waking from sleep problem.

So when my computer sleeps for just a few hours everything is fine when waking it up. But if I come home from my 8 hour work days, there's a problem. It acts as if it's restarting, all the fan LED's flicker, it revs up, then everything turns off for a few seconds then it flickers again, revs, and shuts down again. After this cycle, it will restart and go all the way but at the Windows load screen, it says "Resuming Windows" instead of the usual start-up message. The password screen is also skipped.

I've re-seated every component and cable with no effect on the problem.
    Any thoughts?

CPU: i7 7700k | GPU: Titan X (p) | PSU: Seasonic 1000W Platinum | MB: ASUS Maximus IX Extreme | SSD: Samsung 960 evo | HDD: WD Caviar 160GB | RAM: Gskill 32GB 3200mhz | OS: Win 10 64bit Home

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

I had this with a laptop recently and can not for the life of me remember what I did to fix it. It will come to me but take a free bump in the mean time.

Age and early mornings are not a good combination. You cold say I am having resume from sleep issues myself.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Had an issue like this on my old P8Z68 V-Pro once. I think disabling CPU PLL Overvoltage can cure this. Worth a try.

I will try this. I'll let you know on Monday if it works. Thanks for the replies!

CPU: i7 7700k | GPU: Titan X (p) | PSU: Seasonic 1000W Platinum | MB: ASUS Maximus IX Extreme | SSD: Samsung 960 evo | HDD: WD Caviar 160GB | RAM: Gskill 32GB 3200mhz | OS: Win 10 64bit Home

This seems to have done the trick. I should have remembered the same problem with an ASUS p8p67 board a few years ago. Thanks for the help!

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

So noted and added to the list of fixes. Thanks to all.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Enthusiast Array

just had this one my MVE also .
    i think disabling PLL overvoltage will make my OC unstable , but i will try it anyway .

Banned Array

yeah, the Internal PLL override enabled causes restore from sleep issues on all motherboards I know of, always was. if you need the sleep mode then lower the OC, so you don't have to use PLL override and it should be fine!