Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Tweaking your ROG rig is natural here - but how about yourself?

It is very common on this Forum to tweak our ROG rigs... - and that is natural! However behind every post about these rigs is a person... the question is if we can keep up with the hardware tweaking? Are we as performant as our hardware is? After a while we are realizing the limits of our computers, but where are our body's limits?

So, I've decided to start this thread to share how each of us is keeping up... it's not a conventional subject, but let's see...

It's been a while since I like playing around with the computers... the last year became really intensive... - got poisoned by OC'ing... Don't get me wrong, is nothing wrong in that! However combining my hobby with my everyday work... - well, that resulted in a very stationery way of life...

And I had to realize that this "stationary way of life" practically represents me for like 15 years now... - no physical activities, no sports... I've got to the point where I'm getting really tired when my wife takes me to longer shopping tour... Also, my overall physical condition is degraded...

Before this 15 years of inactivity I use to be very active... was doing multiple sports, my favorite being the triathlon - biking, running and swimming... Why I stopped? It was a combination of multiple reasons: moving away from the parents for studies which inquired more and more time and an unfortunate biking accident which forced me to stop for a while... - but looking back, none of them was a real one... basically laziness I have to say...

So, recently (by the end of the last year) start thinking about needing to change something... then I was thinking and thinking... then went back in Europe for vacation... and came back... - and took a deep breath and decided: It's enough! I have to start doing something, I have to get more fit...

And we got this toy:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ROG Bike.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	678.8 KB 
ID:	17253

It's setup near my ROG Cart... and today was one month since I start using it...

What to say, it's not easy... until now I was biking 30 minutes every morning (10-12 miles), 6 days a week... my heart and legs learned what they have to do and my joints seems OK so far... - now it's time to increase the time... wish me luck...

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

HAHA I need to get fitter too. But also need to balance getting fit with staying healthy. I do not like to cycle indoors, I use a cycle as my only means of transport. But not lately since the little slip in the ice.

We all need to exercise more I think.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Biking outside is definitely more fun! But here is dangerous... very few bike lanes and drivers with absolute no required training... - beside the high humidity would kill me in my first mile...

Yes, you do need to use your head when starting to exercise... just take it slowly and resist the temptations when you feel that you could go/do more... - joints, muscles and the whole cardiovascular system has to adapt...

Here is my ROG title Array Granger PC Specs
    Granger PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair Formula V
    ProcessorPhenom II 1100T
    Memory (part number)G-Skill RipjawsX 2x4Gb@1838Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire HD7970 OC VaporX
    MonitorSamsung Syncmaster 2253LW + 2 Packard Bell 19.5" vga
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 850EVO 250gb
    Storage #2250gb SSD + 4 HD 3Tb total + NAS 3Tb
    CPU CoolerSwiftech custom loop
    CaseCoolerMaster HAF 932 modified
    Power SupplyCoolermaster SilentPro Hybrid 1300W
    Keyboard Razer Black Widow Ultimate
    Mouse Razer Ourobouros
    Headset Razer Tiamat 7.1
    Mouse Pad Razer Exact Mat
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterISP provided (Free)
    Accessory #1 Razer Hydra
    Accessory #2 Madcatz Arcade Fightstick
    Accessory #3 Belkin n52te

Zka, get a decent mountain bike mate, your not short of nice looking trails (no cars) Looky Here seen a couple of nice looking single tracks that I wouldn't mind doing myself

I'm 43 this year, and I've been off my bike for 4 years due to injury, should be back on the downhill runs at the end of this season (full season would be impossible for me as I won't be ready until june or july, which is more than half the season gone )

Its hard work getting back into it after a long time off, but it is more than worth it

hmmmmm that "bike" of yours got a "shoping cart" under it

Yeah, Granger, the only problem with those trails is that you have to drive a lot to get there... and doing it every day... well, it will take too much time... beside, in like one month the temps and humidity will be too high (I can not support heat) - so, will stay for now with my indoor bike...

kkn, that storage area is for fuel... (actually never used for anything yet)

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Zka .. cudos .. the truth is anything you can jump on for 20 minutes goes in the plus column toward fitness.
    Even better to go for 5 and stop for 1 .. hahhaha .. oh .. that would take an extra 2 minutes .. plus cool down.
    It's called paying your future, Salute.

Best of Luck ..c.

Thank you, my old friend!

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

LOL I tough this tread was about someone who need help with OCing........... I have a similar setup since few months too

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roomex.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	17260

Rockford
    Todays breakfast/dinner/supper... and a couple of additional ones..

Its like a good bios release, once u got it, you stick to it.......

And todays exercise, a Q-Tip in the middle of the "night"
    Last edited by Rockford; 02-17-2013 at 06:31 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast