cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In-Game Video Capture - Programs/Software

tkolarik
Level 9
My son has used an older version of FRAPS for a while until he ran out of disk space. So I uninstalled it. But now that his computer has a 1TB drive I was looking to re-install it or another similar utility.

The newest version is $37 for FRAPS. However, my ASUS GPU came with GPU Tweak version 2.2. There is a section with a "Recording" tab that is not selectable and I read that it is only available in versions 3 and later. Has version 3 come out yet or is it a pipe-dream for this utility?

Are there any other good programs like FRAPS but a bit less expensive that do both in-game and 2D desktop recording?

Thanks!!
7 REPLIES 7

tkolarik
Level 9
My son has used an older version of FRAPS for a while until he ran out of disk space. So I uninstalled it. But now that his computer has a 1TB drive I was looking to re-install it or another similar utility.

The newest version is $37 for FRAPS. However, my ASUS GPU came with GPU Tweak version 2.2. There is a section with a "Recording" tab that is not selectable and I read that it is only available in versions 3 and later. Has version 3 come out yet or is it a pipe-dream for this utility?

Are there any other good programs like FRAPS but a bit less expensive that do both in-game and 2D desktop recording?

Thanks!!

ggBanks
Level 10
http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster it is much more than just a video capture software, CHEERS 🙂

Primeval
Level 7
No discussion concerning copyright infringement thank you.

Hivizman
ASUS G46VW Owner

Intel Core i5-3210m @ 2.5 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 2GB, 750 GB HDD, 8 GB RAM, 14" 720p/1366x768 display

ggBanks
Level 10
Razer Game Booster is free, offers more functionality and uses very few system resources.

MrBeer
Level 7
http://www.playclaw.com/ is the best also supports tramspeaks plugins to .

No discussion concerning copyright infringement thank you.

Hivizman

tkolarik
Level 9
Anyone know how the Razer game booster will work on my G75VW?

Sam_M
Level 7
I have the G75V series as well, Game Booster does work with it, and lots of people like it. Though, if you just close the processes you dont use in the task manager you will be fine. When you are running only the game you are playing and maybe a website or two, you will have NO issues what so ever with this laptop, it is simply amazing 🙂

I tried using the Razer Game Booster Video capture but it makes SWTOR crash >_< I have sent in a report to Razer so maybe it will be fixed soon 😄