cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

analog 5.1 outputs completely screwed up

soerenmoeren
Level 7
first i thought it was my 5.1 set - but connecting the headphone jack to a proper receiver (the one i use to connect to via spdif too) output of the headphone jack mixes both channels. the annoying left front talking right front lady keeps shouting from both speakers the same. rear channels would always be the same i think both channels talk on right back surround to me and the front channels seem to have a mixup with the centre, subwoofer channels.

this started happening after upgrading to the beta driver/firmware posted here. i did that because dolby live would not work properly with the "standard non beta drivers" (although they are neither a finished product)

this soundcard is really getting annoying and i will most probably return it this week and trade in for a creative alternative. all these years i had no problems with audigy cards.

the Phoebus is a no go in software quality. looks like the chinese chaps coding for it jumped from some building like the poor *******s at foxconn and left us rotting with this piece of c#!$%p
21 REPLIES 21

AVtemp
Level 10
This driver is a peace of crap!
Look what i`ve got
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGw-Fn8ejEA

AVtemp wrote:
This driver is a peace of crap!
Look what i`ve got
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGw-Fn8ejEA

Watched your video clip. I'm pretty sure I can hear your footsteps and gunshot sound in left channel.

soerenmoeren
Level 7
talked to the mailorder store. package has already been picked up for a return.

AVtemp
Level 10
Sure you can.Now disable DTS,Dolby,Xear on your phoebus and try again.:D
Try headphones.
So you think that everything is fine?

WTC
Level 7
What I meant is you recorded that clip with the settings you've described, right? I can hear footsteps and gunshot in left channel, so I guess somehow those sound sources are panned to the right or something, but they're not entirely disappeared from left channel.

Anyway, I believe there're issues with Phoebus and yes ASUS needs to work on it...

AVtemp
Level 10
Yeah,you may be right.
First of all i thought that the problem is with the front channel.
But i use 2.0 headphones,and there is only 2 channels there 🙂
Than i thought that problem is with Virtualisation,but all that stuff was OFF.
I double checked everything in game and driver and still no luck.

To workaround i have to Alt+Tab from game and change sample rate settings back and forth.
I have to do this every time!

dan_ivan
Level 7
I have the same issue when I listing to music (using winamp) and I'm not sure if it happens when I'm watching movies to, but to be sure I'm changing sample rate during the movie/music to come back to normal (stereo for music and native surround for movies without mixing) every time. In my case, this issue disappear if I turn of dolby (where option for virtualization is uncheck) but I loose the EQ and without it everything sounds much more worse. I hope Asus support is still thinking about us. If they'll resolve all issues and release a stable driver for this product it will be a top one without questioning;

WTC
Level 7
I've googled "battlefield sound right side" and found that this issue happened to other audio devices also. Sounds like this might not be Phoebus problem alone...

AVtemp
Level 10
I had no any problems with
1.Build in sound Realtek
2.Audigy4
3.Emu 0404 USB
in this game with the same PC