cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus Iv Extreme Bluetooth Problem

Retired
Not applicable
Hey guys, First time here and first time owning a ROG Motherboard too!

Put my new system together the other day it its working great!.. Except for one thing,

The problem im having is trying to get the RC Bluetooth to connect to my phone, Im not interested in the whole overclocking idea with it, all i am after is to get bluetooth working so i can transfer photos and files from my phone to the computer and vice versa, ( same functions as a USB Bluetooth device) .. But i am having alot of troubles in getting it to work.

IT seams to be working in Device Manager on the PC, but when i go to search for Bluetooth devices it just stays searching and doesn't find anything, and also if i try searching for the computer on the phone it returns with no results.. Is there drivers i am meant to download to the computer in getting it to work? .. Cos im really stumped in what to do now, so im hoping somebody here can help me out 🙂 ..

Thanks guys!
8 REPLIES 8

Retired
Not applicable
oh i should also add, that i have a Nokia N97 Mobile phone (Not that it really matters i dont think), and it runs a Symbian OS.. and i have installed the RC Bluetooth program on my phone and managed to connect it to the computer that way..

But when the bluetooth button on the back is OFF as you know it disconnects from the iROG thing and then is supposed to work as a normal BT device.. I cannot seem to get it detected for file transfers, Which is leaving me to believe im missing out on a driver or something..

Raja
Level 13
Is the phone setup to be discoverable? I am not sure on the Symbian OS but the Android phones need to be made discoverable during any pairing attempts.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
yep, the phone can be detected and connected by other phones and computers i have

Raja
Level 13
What driver is shown loaded for the Bluetooth device in Windows?

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
To be honest im not quite sure i have any drivers installed, As i haven't installed anything. But when i go to Device Manager and then the Bluetooth devices, Then to the Drivers Tab it says

Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 21/06/2006
Driver Version: 6.1.7601.17105
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

Im not quite sure if thats what your after, But i haven't installed any 3rd Party BT drivers unless they are included in the Maximus Drivers somewhere

Retired
Not applicable
Okay, Ive finally got it working.. and found out what was wrong...

The problem was Bluetooth wasn't activated in Windows, And the Computers Discovery was Disabled.. I found this out by going to MSConfig.exe, Then into the "Services" tab and found the "Bluetooth Support Service" was not running.. To activate it I went to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services .. Then found the "Bluetooth Support Service" Right clicked on it, Then clicked "Start" ..

Now with the Bluetooth Enabled i could now to go bluetooth settings (Which i couldn't before) and then Enable Discovery to let devices find the computer.

From there i could then go to "Add Device" from the Bluetooth menu and my phone came up in the list, Then i connected to it entered the passwords and it was added

Job Done ;)..

So you were almost right Raja just the computer had Discovery disabled not the phone hehe, Thanks again bud for the help and quick replies, Hopefully this might be able to help somebody else out with this interesting problem thats pretty odd..

Raja
Level 13
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Maximus_IV_Extreme/

You can download a BT driver from the product page for this board - Click on Downloads, enter the OS and then check the Bluetooth directory.

-Raja

Mercury
Level 7
I have the exact same issue and alk3m1's solution doesn't work for me. 😞 sigh