cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus Formula , Shutdown after 1 sec at Startup then Restart.

robert266
Level 7
Hello!
My name is Robert i'm very new here.but first sorry for my english.

So lets start:

Computer Specs : Intel Core2Duo e7400 , 4GB Corsair Dominator , Asus Maximus Formula (*latest bios) , Gainward GTX260 GS , 500GB WD , Thermaltake LCS.

My gear is running stable at stock settings, the problems start at when i change in bios the Extreme OC from AUTO to Manual , then save and exit and the computer shuttsdown then restart and all is oke .I dosent change anything only from AUTO to Manual !! .
OKe is not a very big problem but when i unplug the power cord and replug after few minutes or hours and i push the button the computer starts 1 second then turn off and restarts . But Why ? i dosent change any setting only from Auto to Manual .. ?

PSu : Thermaltake TP-600W * Tested with special Multi-Meters , all ok. ( i changed the psu with other one , same thing works only in stock setting ,
Ram : Corsair 4x1 Gb Kit pack *(tested one by one all oke ! changed with other ones ..
Bios battery : New 3V bat..
unpluged all cables from mobo and tested in sick mode .
Al temps ar low !

I know is an old computer but is still very good for me but i dont know why made this ..
Please if you can help me .
14 REPLIES 14

chrsplmr
Level 18
Welcome to ROG .. does this board have dual bios ??

BIOS
16 Mb Flash ROM DMI 2.0
AMI BIOS
PnP
WfM 2.0
SM BIOS 2.4
ACPI 2.0a
Multi-language BIOS

aa i think yes .. i read about the dual bios but mine is do this only when i change the Extreme OC to Manual . in auto mode works prefectly.

Chino
Level 15
Are you talking about CPU Level Up? Or Ai Overclock Tuner? Can you specify the exact option that you're changing?

Area_66
Level 11
Just a question, is the motherboard after restart boot in Windows ? if so it's normal when you change some setting in the BIOS to see the board shutdown and restart.

HiVizMan
Level 40
That is quite normal and to be expected. When you change from one mode to another the bios is expecting to have some changes. And it initiates a sequence that flushes out the old settings and retrains the board. Even if nothing has changed.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

robert266
Level 7
Chino = BIos -> Extreme Overlock -> from AUTO to Manual *(nothing else )
Area66 = Yes after re-boot all starts perfectly.

but if i take off the power cord and leave it a day when i boot, warning me : Failed Overclock... , but why i dosent change anything only that .
Yes is normaly when i change a setting and it shutdown at save.But my shutting down every time when is start after replug the power cord .
If i leave the power cord in the PSU the computer start whitout any problem . If i remove the power cord sthen start again shuttsdown 1 second stay 1 second then restart . ( after restart work perfectly or Overclock Faild.

HiVizMan
Level 40
With that motherboard and that chipset, by removing the power cord you are doing a thing called a cold boot and that reboot cycle is normal.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

robert266
Level 7
Soo all components is oke? , and this thing is normaly , and not damage anythink ?
Thank you very very much !!!

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yip all is normal and no you have not damaged anything.