cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer freezing during games.

jed_PK
Level 7
In a few of my games, bf3 tf2 and crysis 3 beta, my computer will freeze. I have to hold down the power button to restart my computer every time this happens. I have reinstalled all drivers. I checked event viewer to see if I could find any thing. I have a gazilion of these:
A corrected hardware error has occurred.
Component: AMD Northbridge
Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
Error Type: 28
Processor ID: 0
Could this be what is causing this, if not do you guys have any ideas.

sys specs
win 7
fx 8150
crosshair v formula
16 gb corsair vengeance
6970 crossfire
ccc 13.2.

I am running out of ideas on how to fix this, any help would be appreciated.
22 REPLIES 22

jed_PK
Level 7
No, I have not.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please post up what your ram settings are currently when your system freezes. And could you post the exact part number of your ram.

What I would do is ensure that my ram was not the probable cause by running the memtest86+ utility a guide can be found in my sig.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

jed_PK
Level 7
I have my memory running in docp mode, which allows the bios to read the xmp profile. I have not been home yet to run memtest, but will post the results when I can.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers mate will check back later.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

jed_PK
Level 7
I ran it over night and got no error in pass one. I am going to let it continue running while I am at school, just to be sure.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Looking good so far will check back later.

jed_PK
Level 7
4 passes, no errors.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Right good to hear.

Now could you download any stress test http://www.ocbase.com/ is fine to use. And a application that can monitor your temps. I suggest HWmonitor.

Open the HWmonitor and run OCCT for 20 minutes at stock. Keep an eye on your temps I am starting to think your system shuts down because of the temps during high stress parts of the games you play.