cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

antoher dead of g73jh short after warrenty ended...

tortiator
Level 7
bought my G73jh @ amazon in dec2010 and since yesterday i have no cahnce to bring it back to life..

if i push the power button only the 3 blue lights on the left hand side will turn on for 1 second after that all going black again... no post up no fan.. nothing.. dissamled the nb turned off the battery (on the mb too) but still the same....

first you did every heard the asus would repair noptbooks after the guarantee period? (3,5 months over) and what could be dead . in my opinion it could be the GPU (5870) other advises?

thks for help...
6 REPLIES 6

PILGRIM
Level 11
Yes, any ASUS Service Center near you should repair it. But you would have to pay for the service,
since you say you're already past the warranty period.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

evga
Level 9
try removing the battery and holding the power button for 45seconds and reinsert the battery and see if it power on with single push .
or if it keeps repeating the same problem I bet your cpu has fried due to overheat or anyother side effects.

Pitcher1
Level 9
please unplug battery and adapter for a while than plug back, if not help, you will send back to check where is dead for HW.

Mike_Lu@ASUS wrote:
please unplug battery and adapter for a while than plug back, if not help, you will send back to check where is dead for HW.

already did... nothing helps... the problem is how long would it take and what would be the costs for it...

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi,

It can depend on where you are located and the problem found with the notebook, so check with your local service center or store to get the details, or click on this link for the contact information on the ASUS website.
Yes, depending on your situation and the problem found, you may prefer to save your money for a newer notebook under warranty rather than spending too much on an older out-of-warranty unit.

The problem could be caused by different things including the motherboard, video card, memory, and more.

1. Make sure you are still using the original AC adapter or a known working AC adapter, but if you are careful about the metal battery contacts in the notebook, you can run the notebook without the battery just to eliminate the possibility of a very bad battery (not a common problem, but easy enough to try?).

2. If you can safely remove any extra memory modules (check page 16 and 17 of the user manual for more details), you may want to try them one at a time to see if any memory sticks could be bad (or just have dirty contacts?) although it may not be a common memory issue that the unit doesn't power on at all.

3. It rarely helps and may not be worth trying, but according to page 17 of the posted English G73Jh user manual 1229-b, your notebook has an emergency shutdown button. If you are comfortable trying it, remove the battery and unplug the adapter (no Power to the notebook) to push this button a couple times with a straightened paper clip and plug back the AC power (without battery) to try to power on again.
Newer ASUS notebook models don't have the shutdown/reset button anymore if anybody is wondering.

You should have a copy of the user manual under your C: drive (ASUS or eSupport folder?), but you can also download it here through the 'downloads' tab.

Good luck!

xyr0s
Level 7
I had the same problem and already contacted almost every local vendors here in Qatar. Though luck, no one supports the g series here. The irony is that they're selling the newer g75 here and I'm really tempted to buy that instead but already got attached to my g73jh... hu hu hu... T_T