cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time poster, can anyone give me details on P8Z77-V LE

Scotty99
Level 7
There is 1 of these at my local microcenter for 55 bucks and i cannot find anywhere on the internet if this board supports full overclock options in the bios like a v-pro or a v-deluxe.

Am i correct in assuming this board would be a better overclocker than the P8Z77-V LK or P8Z77-V LX considering those boards have a 4+1+1 power design and the LE is a 6+2?

I currently own a P67 biostar but it has a bios fault which will not allow me to enable LLC while using offset voltage, limiting my overclock currently to 4.2ghz (i can do higher with fixed volts but i prefer offset method).

If anyone owns this board or has worked with it id love to hear you reply and what you think of it, thanks!
9 REPLIES 9

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the Republic of Gamers forums, Scotty99.

In theory, the P8Z77-V LE should be a better overclocker because it provides the CPU with 6 phases (2 more than the other two boards). What this does is give the CPU safer and more stable power during overclocking which should yield better results.

I've never used this motherboard and I cannot comment if it has the same overclocking options are the other two you mentioned. But after browsing the user manual for the P8Z77-V LE, it has most of the options that is present even on the higher end motherboards from the Maximus Series. So I guess that is a good thing.

chrsplmr
Level 18
Welcome to ROG.
http://www.asus.com/Motherboard/P8Z77V_LE/

This is an LE (light) board .. not really designed for 'full overclock'...
http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/P8Z77_Series_Motherboards/page7_AvailableModels.htm

EDIT TO BELOW: Awesome news .. I learn something new everyday.
"no problem." says the Viz.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Just what kind of 24/7 overclock are you looking for?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Scotty99
Level 7
Gonna shoot for 4.8 daily OC. I know my 2500k can do it at 1.4v but i just need a new board. I think im just gonna go pick it up and try it, its 1/3 the price of newegg.

HiVizMan
Level 40
With good cooling no problem I agree. 4.8 24/7 is pretty ambitious so good luck and post back your results please. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Chino
Level 15

zero_l0gic
Level 7
just got on this forums but have experience in OC asus mbo-s (from pentium 3 till now ), and i can say that i saw that LE (light) boards ( stripped little not much) work great for OC, they are "not build" for OC but they all do it real good ( i allways have a feeling that they are build to take a little extra) just get some good cooler like HiVizMan said. and i believe in you i hope you get 5.0 😄
Dont burn! - PCexpert4life

Scotty99
Level 7
Well i held out and glad i did lol. I just picked up a ASUS P8Z77-V PRO for 104.99 at microcenter, no not open box, no not refurb straight up brand new lol. IT was an error in pricing and they fixed it already.

But now that i have this motherboard i had a couple questions which i started a new thread on this page, if anyone could reply taht would be outstanding!

HiVizMan
Level 40
Congrats on the bargain will check out your other thread now.