Question about Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra

Hasuko
Level 7
Hi everybody,

Can i use Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra for cpu/gpu of G75vw ? 🙂
6 REPLIES 6

HiVizMan
Level 40
If that is what you wish to use then use it.

What particularly are you asking?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

If it performs well I'd say go with it, but personally I wouldn't use it because its conductive. Meaning that if you use too much or some gets onto any part of the board of the PC you're applying to it could short it out and cause big issues. Now if you're careful you shouldn't have an issue, but personally I wouldn't use it.
G55VW-DS71 - i7 3610QM - 16gb DDR3 1600mhz - 128gb SSD - GTX 660M 2gb

HiVizMan wrote:
If that is what you wish to use then use it.

What particularly are you asking?

I heard that Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra can not to be used on aluminum.So i just want to be sure that Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra can be used for G75vw before i buy it.

gokica
Level 10
The temperatures in the G75's are not much of an issue. The overclocking is limited by the laptop design (small fans/heatsinks). Therefore I see no reason why one would like to make the heatsinks and the CPU/GPU one component. This paste is very hard i.e. impossible to remove after some period of time in case you need to RMA or clean the laptop properly.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yes that is correct, the stuff does react to Aluminium but that just means you need to know what your metals are on the system you are trying to cool.

What is the cooler make from in the laptop you wish to use CLU on?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Yes that is correct, the stuff does react to Aluminium but that just means you need to know what your metals are on the system you are trying to cool.

What is the cooler make from in the laptop you wish to use CLU on?

That what i wanna know 😄