cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First watercooling build

peterdawg24
Level 7
Hello everybody I'm new to this forum as well as watercooling. Had a few questions
Is 3'8 tubing going to work well to cool CPU and gpu because I want to take advantage of the thermo fusion on the maximus v? (Will be overclocking for the first time as well 3770k)
What is the best slim 280 mm rad I can buy and what fans work well with it?
What a good power supply to run a water cooled system with a possible sli confi in the future?
2 REPLIES 2

Area_66
Level 11
hi, welcome to the forum, every test I read and every experience I made make me conclude the 3/8 tubing give the same results as the 1/2 , for the question about slim rad, well first tell us what case you are using as you can't expect as the smae results with a thin rad than a thick one, the surface is not the same. You will not run a CPU, a board and 2 GPU with a 280 , I just say in case. So we comeback to square 1, what is your case ?

The case is a corsair 650d. I purchased a koolance 280 mm shroud to go on top of the case which with hopefully give me the exta room for the ability to run a push pull config. I was also planning on putting a phoyba xtreme 200 mm rad in the front which I have found to be popular with the 650d case.