cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new build cant access game save data help!!!!!!

7styles
Level 7
hi, Ive just installed a new build
asus maximus v formula
i5 3570k currently stock speed
patriot intel extreme masters 16gb 1866mhz
ocz vector 128bg ssd
western digital 1tb
samsung spintpoint 500gb 2x raid 0
using 8800gtx sli as 670 died on me waiting for next 670,

the problem is I'm using the ocz ssd as my boot drive and my wd 1tb has all my games installed at the moment as i backed them up onto it from my last build with all my save data also, when i run my games they cant access my save data as they are just backed up in another folder, ive started playing a couple of games and they save no problem but haven't go a clue where the data is kept, ive looked through my c drive and cant find any save locations what so ever as i thought if i did find the location i could simply transfer my old save data into these new locations, but to no avail still stuck please could some 1 help with some advice, these games were not saved in my steam folder in my last rig and were saved in user locations etc
11 REPLIES 11

sbolen31
Level 7
I know some games i had to run the game as admin for the saved content to show up on my HD

newer games iv notice the location to be in C:\Users\Username\Documents

or in C:\Users\username\Saved Games

7styles
Level 7
thanks for responding sbolen31, my last rig was windows 732bit and now I'm using 64 bit Ive tried a couple of things i played darksiders 1 last night to see where the game would save like you said it was saved at c:\users\username\documents\saved games so I transferred my old save data their and it worked, so i tried the same with darksiders 2 but it didn't work the game would not pick up the save file or another file it picked up but it said it was corrupt, same with windows live but i play those games offline account and they also don't pick up on the save files same method as darksiders transfer, been playing dmc to day but for the life of me i cant find where the game is saved same as kingdom of amalur reckoning the names come up on c:\users\username\documents\saved games but no save data its really starting to get frustrating as a lot of hours went into some of my games and don't want to loose them i run the games from a hdd for now until i get a further ssd but the save files get stored on my os ssd

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please list the games you can not find the save data folder of.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

7styles
Level 7
hi hivisman, i havent checked all my game yet ive just tested i few to see if they would access my previous saves, darksiders 1 went with out a problem save file transferred no probs but dont understand why darksiders 2 wont i played a few minuets of it just to see where it would save then transferred my old save from my previous build in the same location but it wont detect it except the 1 that comes up as corrupt, the new dmc which i installed onto mu os ssd i cant find the save files any where, also tried with street fighter x tekken ran the game saved and transferred my previous data and it didn't work have quite a few games to try and see if the save games will work, all my games are backed up on my d drive which is a hdd with my save files data

HiVizMan
Level 40
It could just be that the save file for that one game is corrupted you know. If you are playing online then surely your saves should be on the server, I know mine are because I game with three different systems and a laptop on the TV. And I always get to start where I left off. True I do not play that particular game but still...
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

7styles
Level 7
the darksiders 2 save files are corrupt but i founf a video on utube on how to sort it hopefully, I managed to sort it out i down loaded a program called everything that searched for the safe files i couldn't find then i remembered i had to enable hidden files and folders in control panel and I managed to get it all sorted it out, thanks for you input.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers for the feedback mate. Happy gaming.

thanks man, I was just wondering if you can give me some insight or help Ive just received Asus DirectCU II TOP Radeon HD 7950 AMD Graphics Card - 3GB 2day it says on the box it's overclocked at 900mhz but Ive read some reviews thats its a very good overclocker and can reach the same type of speeds of the original 7970, currently its gpu clock is 920mhz voltage 1044mv mem clock 5080 mem vol 1500 this is with gpu tweak gaming profile option, but would like to reach the 1000mhz zone some what but at a safe level and heat issues was thinking of going cross fire x but not sure due to the cards size, room is not an issue just the thought of heat problems with the cards being so close together unless i install side fans in my case as i so have a bracket that can hold 4 120mm fans the case is a cooler master 830 old i know but I was thinking of buying the new cooler master cmos 2 ultra case anyway enough gab, any input is much appreciated, regards

HiVizMan
Level 40
The best way to overclock your VGA is simply by doing so.

Download GPUz and use the monitoring tabs to keep an eye on your temps and voltages. But realistically you should not have to do too much if any voltage adjustment to get to the 7970 kind of performance. Memory overclocking is very good with these cards, but you need to strike a balance between core and memory.

If you leave your voltages on stock then just increase your frequency in steady increments until your system freezes when you do your VGA stress test. Run a benchmark like Vantage for example. Or Unigine heaven.

Then once it falls over, increase the voltage slightly. Now pay attention to the temps while you run the benchmark or game your favourite game. Increase voltages and frequency until you find your sweet spot or you get concerned about temps and noise. Remember you can increase the fan speed with Afterburner too.

That is how I do it.