Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gaming on MVF

Hybrid View

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Preacher's Avatar

Gaming on MVF

I am struggling since I built my rig, both BF3 and BFBC2 are running really stuttery. I have changed GFX card, monitor, tried onboard sound and my creative sound card so the only thing left is the motherboard or my broadband connection. My frames per second never drop below 80, I have a ping of 5 but the game is like in slow motion. I have tried the ethernet drivers off the supplied dvd and the latest from the Asus website. I can't figure it out, my last rog motherboard was fantastic with the marvell ethernet drivers but I have seen a lot of people who are struggling with the intel 82579V. I have tried everything on ultra, and Low settings and it makes no difference.

Is there anything I am overlooking with chipset drivers, ethernet drivers, special settings, because I bought the motherboard for the ROG but at the moment I can't play anything.

MVF, i7 3770k, N580 GTX lightning, 2 x 8 gig corsair vengeance, benq XL2411T.

Thanks for reading.

ROG AirWays Captain Array TenBlade's Avatar

Did you try the Games First thing, that´s on the disk?

I had a quick look at it, but as soon as I saw it was made by a third party I didn't bother with it. When I am gaming, there is nobody else using the bandwidth, and I have no other programs running in the background, so I thought I wouldn't need it as my gaming was fine with my Rampage Formula and that had no gaming first software.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

What settings did you change in your bios?

And list the drivers you have installed.

When you did this build did you do a clean install of Windows?
    Last edited by HiVizMan; 02-18-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Original BIOS 402, flashed to 1604, reverted back to 804, all with USB stick and EZ flash.

Tweaker page :
    AI O/C tuner to XMP,
    Ratio Sync to enabled
    Core ratio to 42
    mem frequency to 1600
    Spi booster to enabled
    CPU manual volt to 1.100
    DRAM volt to 1.50000
    CPU spread spectrum to disabled

Advanced page
    Primary display to PCIE
    render standby to disabled
    iGPU multi monitor to disabled.

PCIEX_1 tried Auto, Gen 2 and Gen 3

HD audio disabled
    Blue tooth disabled
    WI-FI disabled
    Asmedia USB 3.0 controller disabled.

Chip set drivers tried the latest from the ASUS website, and the drivers off the disk, with a format and clean install in between
    LAN drivers, tried the latest from the ASUS website, and the drivers off the disk, with a format and clean install in between
    IME firmware, with and without.

When I first built it I did a format and clean install, in the 4 or 5 weeks since I built it I have formatted and clean installed windows 4 times to try the drivers off the disk and the latest form the ASUS website. I have tried the latest LAN drivers from the ASUS website, from the intel website and now am using the drivers off the supplied disk. Also did the NVM update before installing the latest LAN drivers as per ASUS website.

Tomorrow I am going to revert back to the 402 BIOS, format, clean windows install and use the ASUS supplied CD to install all the drivers and see how I go with it set up without all the newer drivers and chip sets.
    Last edited by Preacher; 02-18-2013 at 10:59 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

What really sticks out on your list i these things.
    CPU manual volt to 1.100
    Core ratio to 42
    How stable is it with those low cpu volts? As it would seem you would need a bit more to even be stable. What stress test are you using to test it for being stable? Need a bit more information. What are your 100% load temps on the cpu and gpu?
    Last edited by KILLER_K; 02-19-2013 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Code tag messes up the words.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    I havent done any stress tests KILLER_K, I just play BF3 and ARMA 2 to test if it is stable. Load temps with real temp running BF3 are between 58 and 60 degrees, and idle temps range from 21 to 27. ON air with a artic freezer pro 7.

GPU load temps are around 56 degrees @ 99% with BF3. 772 core stock @ 870. 2004 mem stock, running @ 2200.
    you mean, you are running an overclock that was NEVER checked per stability with any stress tester and you are wondering why games are running bad? sorry, but that is a contradiction right there.

can you download CInebench 11.5 x64 from here (download link at bottom):
    http://www.maxon.net/products/cinebench/overview.html

unpack it, run it (no need to install anything), run the CPU test, see if it survives (doesn't mean it's stable yet!) then go to Windows Event Viewer and look for WHEA warnings (if you can't see such a thing in there, then it's all good), if those are present then you need to raise vcore (same as when you crash the test).

good luck.

I havent done any stress tests KILLER_K, I just play BF3 and ARMA 2 to test if it is stable. Load temps with real temp running BF3 are between 58 and 60 degrees, and idle temps range from 21 to 27. ON air with a artic freezer pro 7.

GPU load temps are around 56 degrees @ 99% with BF3. 772 core stock @ 870. 2004 mem stock, running @ 2200.
    Last edited by Preacher; 02-18-2013 at 11:45 PM.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    My frames per second never drop below 80, I have a ping of 5 but the game is like in slow motion..
    is that all the time or it's only intermitant, I ask because some BF3 servers lag like hell. With frame over 80 and ping at 5 ms, it should not lag unless it's the server that lag imself. But for sure I will reset the BIOS at default.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Right thank you for the information.

Could you please do the following download bios versin 1408

Unpack to a fat formatted usb stick.

Use the EZflash2 utility found in tools menu of the bios to flash your board.

Then one the entire flash has completed and any firmware update has run its course and you are back in bios.

Shut down and clear CMOS

Now at stock - defaults nothing changed at all except for your RAID mode for SATA if needed.

Post to OS and play your game.

Tell me something the slow mo toggle, what is that set to. Use your user manual if you are not sure where or what the settings are.

I will check back later.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast