cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming on MVF

Preacher
Level 10
I am struggling since I built my rig, both BF3 and BFBC2 are running really stuttery. I have changed GFX card, monitor, tried onboard sound and my creative sound card so the only thing left is the motherboard or my broadband connection. My frames per second never drop below 80, I have a ping of 5 but the game is like in slow motion. I have tried the ethernet drivers off the supplied dvd and the latest from the Asus website. I can't figure it out, my last rog motherboard was fantastic with the marvell ethernet drivers but I have seen a lot of people who are struggling with the intel 82579V. I have tried everything on ultra, and Low settings and it makes no difference.

Is there anything I am overlooking with chipset drivers, ethernet drivers, special settings, because I bought the motherboard for the ROG but at the moment I can't play anything.

MVF, i7 3770k, N580 GTX lightning, 2 x 8 gig corsair vengeance, benq XL2411T.

Thanks for reading.
Intel i7 3770K@ 4.5GHz,
Silverstone Heligon HE01
ASUS Maximus V Formula, 1803 BIOS
16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 @ 1866MHz, 9-10-9-27
MSI GTX 970
Samsung 250GB SSD
Seagate 500GB 7200 RPM HDD
Antec Earthwatts 650 PSU
NZXT Phantom 630
Win 8 Pro x64
20 REPLIES 20

TenBlade
Level 11
Did you try the Games First thing, that´s on the disk?

Preacher
Level 10
I had a quick look at it, but as soon as I saw it was made by a third party I didn't bother with it. When I am gaming, there is nobody else using the bandwidth, and I have no other programs running in the background, so I thought I wouldn't need it as my gaming was fine with my Rampage Formula and that had no gaming first software.
Intel i7 3770K@ 4.5GHz,
Silverstone Heligon HE01
MSI GTX 970
Samsung 250GB SSD
Antec Earthwatts 650 PSU
NZXT Phantom 630
Win 8 Pro x64

HiVizMan
Level 40
What settings did you change in your bios?

And list the drivers you have installed.

When you did this build did you do a clean install of Windows?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Preacher
Level 10
Original BIOS 402, flashed to 1604, reverted back to 804, all with USB stick and EZ flash.

Tweaker page :
AI O/C tuner to XMP,
Ratio Sync to enabled
Core ratio to 42
mem frequency to 1600
Spi booster to enabled
CPU manual volt to 1.100
DRAM volt to 1.50000
CPU spread spectrum to disabled

Advanced page
Primary display to PCIE
render standby to disabled
iGPU multi monitor to disabled.

PCIEX_1 tried Auto, Gen 2 and Gen 3

HD audio disabled
Blue tooth disabled
WI-FI disabled
Asmedia USB 3.0 controller disabled.

Chip set drivers tried the latest from the ASUS website, and the drivers off the disk, with a format and clean install in between
LAN drivers, tried the latest from the ASUS website, and the drivers off the disk, with a format and clean install in between
IME firmware, with and without.

When I first built it I did a format and clean install, in the 4 or 5 weeks since I built it I have formatted and clean installed windows 4 times to try the drivers off the disk and the latest form the ASUS website. I have tried the latest LAN drivers from the ASUS website, from the intel website and now am using the drivers off the supplied disk. Also did the NVM update before installing the latest LAN drivers as per ASUS website.

Tomorrow I am going to revert back to the 402 BIOS, format, clean windows install and use the ASUS supplied CD to install all the drivers and see how I go with it set up without all the newer drivers and chip sets.
Intel i7 3770K@ 4.5GHz,
Silverstone Heligon HE01
MSI GTX 970
Samsung 250GB SSD
Antec Earthwatts 650 PSU
NZXT Phantom 630
Win 8 Pro x64

KILLER_K
Level 10
What really sticks out on your list i these things.

CPU manual volt to 1.100
Core ratio to 42

How stable is it with those low cpu volts? As it would seem you would need a bit more to even be stable. What stress test are you using to test it for being stable? Need a bit more information. What are your 100% load temps on the cpu and gpu?

Preacher wrote:
I havent done any stress tests KILLER_K, I just play BF3 and ARMA 2 to test if it is stable. Load temps with real temp running BF3 are between 58 and 60 degrees, and idle temps range from 21 to 27. ON air with a artic freezer pro 7.

GPU load temps are around 56 degrees @ 99% with BF3. 772 core stock @ 870. 2004 mem stock, running @ 2200.

you mean, you are running an overclock that was NEVER checked per stability with any stress tester and you are wondering why games are running bad? sorry, but that is a contradiction right there.

can you download CInebench 11.5 x64 from here (download link at bottom):
http://www.maxon.net/products/cinebench/overview.html

unpack it, run it (no need to install anything), run the CPU test, see if it survives (doesn't mean it's stable yet!) then go to Windows Event Viewer and look for WHEA warnings (if you can't see such a thing in there, then it's all good), if those are present then you need to raise vcore (same as when you crash the test).

good luck.
.: R3C0NF1GUR3D :.
ASUS MVE :: 3770K bench @ 5.2GHz (delidded) :: 2x4GB Mushkin 996990 @ 2400MHz CL10 @ 1.7V :: evga 670 2GB SLI @ 1280/7108 :: Mushkin Chronos 240GB SSD RAID0 (OS) :: WD RE4 2TB (storage) 2TB :: Hitachi Deskstar 5K300 2TB (backup USB3.0) :: ASUS VG248QE 24'' 144Hz monitor

My rig with pictures
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

Preacher
Level 10
I havent done any stress tests KILLER_K, I just play BF3 and ARMA 2 to test if it is stable. Load temps with real temp running BF3 are between 58 and 60 degrees, and idle temps range from 21 to 27. ON air with a artic freezer pro 7.

GPU load temps are around 56 degrees @ 99% with BF3. 772 core stock @ 870. 2004 mem stock, running @ 2200.
Intel i7 3770K@ 4.5GHz,
Silverstone Heligon HE01
MSI GTX 970
Samsung 250GB SSD
Antec Earthwatts 650 PSU
NZXT Phantom 630
Win 8 Pro x64

Area_66
Level 11
Preacher wrote:
My frames per second never drop below 80, I have a ping of 5 but the game is like in slow motion..

is that all the time or it's only intermitant, I ask because some BF3 servers lag like hell. With frame over 80 and ping at 5 ms, it should not lag unless it's the server that lag imself. But for sure I will reset the BIOS at default.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Right thank you for the information.

Could you please do the following download bios versin 1408

Unpack to a fat formatted usb stick.

Use the EZflash2 utility found in tools menu of the bios to flash your board.

Then one the entire flash has completed and any firmware update has run its course and you are back in bios.

Shut down and clear CMOS

Now at stock - defaults nothing changed at all except for your RAID mode for SATA if needed.

Post to OS and play your game.

Tell me something the slow mo toggle, what is that set to. Use your user manual if you are not sure where or what the settings are.

I will check back later.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.