Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gaming on MVF

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Preacher's Avatar

Thanks for all your feedback and advice,

I have upgraded BIOS to 1408 with EZ flash 2, cleared CMOS and done a clean windows install. All BIOS settings are optimised defaults, game still seems stuttery. I ended up testing with Prime95 feniks, 30 minutes @ 3900, core voltage went up to 1.24 and temps were 68,70,71,72. All clear with no errors.

I have looked for the slow mo toggle HiVizMan but I can't see it anywhere.

I use the ingame render.drawfps 1 to see the frames per second Area66 and I have never seen it drop below 80 FPS,
    Last edited by Preacher; 02-19-2013 at 08:30 PM.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

http://uk.asus.com/Motherboards/Inte...specifications

ROG Extreme OC kit :
    - Slow Mode
    - LN2 Mode
    - EZ Plug
    Check out your user manual to see where it is located on your board. What might be, is that it is enabled and that slows down performance. Try in both positions and see what works best.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Banned Array

keep all BIOS settings at stock for now. check the slow mode button position as HiVizMan suggested, it should be in top right corner of the board, at least that's where it is on my MVE,

other than that ... which GPU drivers are you using? was the issue persistent on all of them? what brand and model of the GPU? does it always pass graphical stress test or benchmarks like Heaven 4.0 or 3dmark11 ?

Sorry HiVizMan, I didn't read your post properly about the slow mo toggle. I have just checked and it is set to the far left / on.

feniks, I have a MSI 580 lightning, tried 4 sets of drivers, the 2 latest ones, and 2 previous ones. I have only used Kombustor for testing and my overclock was stable.
    Last edited by Preacher; 02-20-2013 at 02:28 PM.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Shutdown your system. Turn if off. Then power on and see if the problem is solved.

Banned Array

if GPU is OK and issue persists across different drivers then the last thing left seems to be that Slow Mode switch (used with initial phase of LN2 benching), toggle it to OFF position and you should be fine. finding it is half of the success

Simple way of working this out.

Do the same benchmark with the toggle to the left, then do the benchmark with the toggle to the right.

See if there is a difference.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanks everyone, I am now cooking with gas, I am now running stable at 4.4 @1.18v 58 to 64 degrees running BF3, 72 degrees max running P95, CPU fixed frequency to 350, CPU current capability to 120%. Whole computer seems more responsive and gaming is 100% better, my movement and shooting is now smooth as silk, last 10 minutes of a map, 25 kills for 2 deaths and 36 for 12 on the next map.
    I will probably buy a corsair H80 next week to replace my artic freezer pro 7 and get the temps down a bit.

Thanks again.

That is very good news indeed. Please do keep us informed as to how things go.

I remember when setting up my build reading about the slow mo toggle, but when I read it was set to off by default I guess I never gave it a second thought.

This is the most helpful mature forum I have been on with a great bunch of people who help rather than give thinly vieled insults.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast