Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

With a Noctua NH-C14 you certainly would not have any problems at VRMs either...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thanks for all for your recommendations ^^
    I think I'll try out the H100i, never realy concidered water cooling because of having the refill etc. but this one fixes that.

Also found a nice article which uses the H100i with my case, so that's awesome and the test results look very promising I'll post the results when I'll buy it in a week
    Last edited by Pauloman; 02-20-2013 at 02:05 PM.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

I will receive Pahantek Coolers today. they are made by the same oem manufacturer of Noctua and perform about the same. They have a nice red one that fir the ROG color

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835709004

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Mankz's Avatar

If its the low profile vengence ram, I know that the AC i30 fits, as I had one, and they aren't too pricey. You just have to take the fan off too install the ram and the cooler, then clip it back on after.

the fans on the H100/H100i can be changed out if im not wrong, if thats an option down the road, but i will not guarante this since i dont have enny corsair cooler.

Yeap, the fans are changeable!

ROG Enthusiast Array

oh btw... another dummy question... how big is the chance of that water-cooler to leak inside my system... and if it does... then what. (I know the chances are very small, but it's nice to have it confirmed :<)

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

While water cooling is an amazing setup and yeilds a lot of benefits, we must not forget that water and electronics should stay as far away as possible from each other. Everytime we put water near our precious electronic components we run the risk of it leaking. It's a risk you'll just have to take. If you're not comfortable with that fact, then air cooling is the way to go.

As for leakage from closed loop systems, I heard that it's rare. So far, I've only read about (documented on the forums around the internet) two cases of leakage. One was from the Corsair H100 and the other was from an Antec Kuhler 920. In both cases, I think there was a reimbursement of everything that was lost.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post

As for leakage from closed loop systems, I heard that it's rare. So far, I've only read about (documented on the forums around the internet) two cases of leakage. One was from the Corsair H100 and the other was from an Antec Kuhler 920. In both cases, I think there was a reimbursement of everything that was lost.
    On HWC you have recently 2 case of Coolit leak and if I'm not mistake they are the OEM of Corsair. Also I'm pretty sure I read that Corsair change their policy and will refund equipment up to $ 149.99

I don't trust rotary fitting. Pump build on the CPU ( Corsait and all the oher one) I also don't trust bridge betwen GPU , But I really trust the straith barbs and clip I install on my CPU cooler and other parts. I also don't trust the pump , but with the system Koolance sell, i'm now sleeping better. It shutdown the PC if the flow or the pump stop to work. Not a software shutdown a real one like if you press 5 secondes on the power switch.

the think is , you don't WC if you can aford the mistake.

Yeah, with water-cooling you have to assume some extra risk... but, I think the risk is minimal with the closed loop systems compared to the custom ones... - the H100 never let me down, but my custom loop did several times...

I saw somewhere that there leak-detectors... maybe that would be the way to deal with leaks...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast