Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

another annoying BUG - asus AI SUITE II

guys please confirm , as it might be an issue with my windows or something ...

i'm on MVE ...

the bug :
    - open ai suite II
    - with turboV installed , go to settings , remove the V from sensor , AI suite will restart .
    - now try to open turboV , tell me if it opens .

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

It will not open.

Remove AISuite completely and do your OC in BIOS my friend.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array nikosa43's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    It will not open.

Remove AISuite completely and do your OC in BIOS my friend.
    I have also confirmed that AiSuite can mess the system, but I really like Fan Expert II. Is it possible to install it as a standalone application, after I have removed Ai?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array glw165's Avatar

worse software ive seen other than fan expert, DELETE IT

Coolermaster Cm Storm Stryker,
    I7 3770k Delidded @ 4.8,
    Asus Z77 Maximus V Etreme,
    Corsair Vengeance 16gb (2133),
    Evga gtx Titan,
    Ssd,
    Corsair Ax 1200 Psu!!!

Banned Array

yeah, it throws access violation when you try starting turbo V without sensor module checked. however it's kinda logical it wouldn't run without it ... it's just the way it craps out like that is a real annoyance ... why would you disable sensors module in first place anyways?

Turbo V and Digi+ are OK apps for quick OC for benchmarking purposes, etc. I personally find them useful in quick testing of settings that I can later apply in BIOS so they are effective at startup. I only wish it was possible to switch between vcore offset vs fixed mode while in windows, unfortunately it's impossible (AFAIK).

hey, to the person who loves Fan Xpert - GET RID OFF IT NOW - it's the most offending app in the whole Ai Suite LOL, check that thread and see what it can do to your system:
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...-in-background

ROG Enthusiast Array

I get this one in fan expert, if I select a non connected fan. after that I have to restart the entire app to get it working again...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RaG9OVV.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	17411

oh crap... wish they spend the time on the prog instead of the nice skin ad rog theme stuff, for now just uninstall ...
    »Asus-M5G »I5-2500K-D2-3148C059-4700M-1.36V »ScytheMugen2Rev.B »16G[4x4G-Samsung M378B5273DH0-CH9 1333@2133] »SeasonicM12D/850W »ShiMian 27" »Asus-GTX660-Ti-2G »OCZ Vertex2-120G »8TB Hdd's

The software is a brilliant concept, but like so many outstanding concepts the execution is so difficult to achieve. With multiple chip-sets, and the constantly changing nature of motherboard design. Just think how CPU's have changed with more and more on-board controllers. It is no wonder that it is near on impossible to do. Third party applications do not try to do all things for all people. They tend to focus on one small niche. That allows a more effective focused effort and a better product. It is for that reason I tend to avoid AIsuite and rather use the third party applications.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I need the software to work for benching .my main oc is trough bios of course .for benching i overclock till the cpu is barely stable , so cant do that from bios a sit will crash during windows boot .
    I removed the sensor so i dont get the stupid overvolt warning message in ai suite . But then i cant start turbov .
    My second option is to use oc key , but..... Well this crap wont work either , as it needs single link dvi connector ,and my card has only dual link dvi's.
    What were they thinking ??? most cards today come with dual link dvi connectors .
    Lots of hyped up crap that wont even work .
    I'm really disappointed .

For benching that is a whole different thing.

ROG connect is the way to go. Hook up the white usb to usb cable to a ebook or notebook or PC and you just do the bussiness. Allows you to change what you want to change mid way through a benchmark. So for Vantage I have a much higher CPU clock for the first two game tests and then down clock the CPU by two multi's for the CPU tests.

Works a treat.

As to the OC key what card are you using that you are unable to use the OC key. I have used it successfully with all my 7970 or 680 cards? What I do is have two keyboards connected, one for the Key and the other for my system.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Not 100% sure what your issue is with the OC Key. But a single link will plug into a dual link. So with any modern card it will plug in and work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast