cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Might sell my G75VW BBK5 to upgrade to the VX

Waffle_Crisp
Level 7
How much do you guys think I could get for my G75VW-BBK5? I upgraded the HD to a 128GB SSD, probably will not sell it with the SSD, but how much do you think I could get with and without it?

Thanks Guys 😄

P.S I used it very lightly, No overclocking what so ever. I didn't have much time to game either because of school,. 😞
10 REPLIES 10

Primeval
Level 7
When did you buy it? And from where?
ASUS G46VW Owner

Intel Core i5-3210m @ 2.5 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 2GB, 750 GB HDD, 8 GB RAM, 14" 720p/1366x768 display

@Primeval I bought it at best buy in march of last year
@Evil Toast Thanks for your input!

Evil_Toast
Level 7
1,000 flat seems reasonable, as that is a little below the price on eBay as of now, if you still have the stock HDD and included it. You could probably knock it down to 900 if needed though. Not sure about what you should price it at with a 128 GB SSD.

chrsplmr
Level 18
What ??? Why would you even consider this ?? [[not to offend you or your wallet .. but ???? Wha ??]]]
What could possibly be the gain in this loss ??
imho... just sit tight for the 'next' gen (G76 or whatever) after this - if you want to 'upgrade' ... you will
want to then too ...

but.. that said-
here is a simple formula for determining 'market' value of 'used' ...
Search on ebay .. 'auctions only' ... 'most bids first' .... this will show you in real time
what is happening in the 'marketplace' ...
then you can almost count on +20-30% in a 'local'-'face to face' Sale.... if Lucky.
but .. I would not. imho.

Welcome to ROG.c.

Waffle_Crisp
Level 7
I know I'm crazy, I want thunderbolt!!
Although you are probably right, I should wait for the next big upgrade.
I'll have to think about this.

chrsplmr
Level 18
ahhh .. thunderbolt .. now I understand .. if it is worth the loss/gain to you and
wont break the budget .. go for it ..
but .. Im think'n with a little patience .. the cat lets the skinny mice walk on by ..
and then dines on the juiciest one yet... hehee

Think of this .. you get the thunderbolt .. and the next gen has a 680 or something
even crazier .. twins or 79xx's .. or 8xxx's ... and what cpu is up to bat next AND
the thunderbolt2 .. perhaps ... who knows...
not to interfere with your joy .. but the grass 'we' can see is always greener just on the other
side of the fence ... but brother .. did you wonder whats just over the hill ???

now ... if the wallet dont mind ... don't cheat yourself .. treat yourself !!!!

[[your not helping Chris, your making me crazier than you.]] hahhaha ..
Like I said friend, Welcome to ROG.c.

Pitcher1
Level 9
if you dont care money, put yahoo to auction, ha..
i think face to face would be high price.

gokica
Level 10
I think that anything over $ 800 is science fiction. Even with SSD.

If you have the money go for it. We live once and it is best if we live quality life. 😄

Waffle_Crisp
Level 7
Yeah Ill probably wait... I will just imagine that the next big upgrade will be something amazing. Thunderbolt is going to be amazing but I dont have any devices that support it anyway.
However I got this laptop for a steal anyway. I only paid $1000, long story short... Best Buy is not too smart, I bought this when it came out and they still had a few G74's left over for 999.99 and I argued that its the same laptop in every way and they matched the price. Therefore I wouldnt be losing out on much.