cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crysis 3, settings on G75

HulkSmash
Level 8
Amazing game, actually pushed my card harder than any benchmark test. My GTX 660m reached 71C today (which is more than 30 minutes of furmark...) - GTX660m, OC'd @ 1200/2890...
The game pushed my system a lot more further than the beta...campaign sucks up your power entirely, specially on areas with a lot of particle effects and volumetric shadows....I had to lower post fx, shading and particles to medium (rest high) and textures very high (16x), in order to get some constant playable fps (varies from 28-60 fps depending on the area). How's your G75 handling it?

The game is gorgeous, and the gameplay is amazing, very enjoyable. And the multiplayer is an awesome experience too, very different style compared to other FPS...I'm running a combination of high/medium, with textures at very high. I'm glad they finally made a game that pushes a lot of systems to their limits. It's a pity I can't use the new drivers though, as it won't let me OC that high...

OH YES! One detail. I was overjoyed to compare my G75 side by side with my PS3, and see an extreme difference with the graphics on LOW (I know, very much expected, but actually seeing it is a lot more fun :P), no words to describe high...

BTW, add me. Username: Davejonnes!

Now, back to the game...
62 REPLIES 62

mrwolf
Level 10
Haha nicce ! I have not got it yet as the release is on the 22nd here in the UK.. But on the beta i managed to get it running on my 670M with all settings on Very High except shadows and particles i think and it ran at stable 30-50 fps ( OC'd at 750/1700 ). I did some serious tweaking with custom .cfg file and i got it running with amazing quality, ZERO input lag ! and best of all decent frame rate with like 20% motionblur rather than the stock setting which is too high and causes bad fps..

Anyways when i get the game ill update here with my settings and performance data ! Cant wait 😄

My G75VW laughs at this game! max resolution and a combination between high and ultra settings. I love my new laptop!
Asus G75VW-NS71, Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz, 12GB DDR3, Nvidia Gefroce GTX 670M 3GB DDR3, 500GB 7200RPM HD, 750GB 7200RPM HD

StereoROG
Level 7
It's not about developing new engines but making them friendly to the current hardwares , unless your trying to challenge your machine and get higher fps... All in all Crysis series never disappoints us fellow gamers...

Getting it soon 🙂

Skull6
Level 10
What?! But I'm not finished modding Crysis 2 yet! 😉

Anyone know if Crysis 3 will be even more "user friendly" in regards to creating mods?
"If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. & if you can't pick it up...paint it RED & BLACK !!"
G75VW-BBK5 {stock}

............ Macrium Reflect ..................Full G55VW/G75VW model list!

And crytek made a hell of a job on PC optimization and compatibility. Runs like a charm! And keep in mind I didn't update my drivers to the ones that are Crysis 3 friendly....

HulkSmash
Level 8
Yup, during beta I was running everything on high/very high too.....actually when, online I can run everything high, with game effects and objects at very high at 30-40 fps no problem.

The thing is the maps and the areas in singleplayer are so ridiculously detailed, that it makes that much of a difference :P. Once you get it you'll see what I'm talking about Mr. Wolf. I got through an area with machinery, with a lot of steam/light/spark effects, it dropped me from a 35 fps to around 11 in the area lol (with stuff on high/very high)...

mrwolf
Level 10
Ok so i finnally got my hands on this monster of a game !!

HulkSmash you were right man ! This is nothing like the beta lol !

But despite the high level of graphical quality i have managed to get this running on Very high - High settings with only shading on medium !!! Water, game effects, particles, textures, objects are all running on very high !!! :cool: Best part is it doesnt drop below 25 🙂 Mostly plays at 30-40 fps.. Also i have made a new OC profile for crysis3 which is 760/1700 lol..

I managed to tweak the autoexec.cfg file HEAVILY to achieve this frame rate on such high settings.. almost 10-15 settings that are not visable in game were changed including FOV which i maxed out, fog shadows i removed and mouse acceleration i also removed + much more tweaks. It looks absolutley unbelievable when you are hunting enemies in tessellated and volumetric shadowed water.. CRAZYY ! lol

Also i have added SMAA + Lumasharpen + Cineon DPX and Vibrance Injectors into the base game which has really enhanced the games look by about 50%. I has a moderate fps impact (like 5fps) But i have set it so that by pressing scroll lock button it disables the injectors instantly and you get your 5fps back 🙂 thats for places where it might be too GPU heavy..

Nvidia control panel settings played a huge part also. Certain key settings like pre-rendered frames really reduces the input lag to like 0 !!! which really helps make the game more playable.

Now i can guarantee you guys that this is the LIMIT. This is the best you will get crysis 3 running on a G75 in terms of quality+performance. It just cant look any better.. It is pretty much ultra high on most things.. lol was really shocked that my system can handle it too 🙂

Anyways just thought id let you know that the optimum settings for this game has been discovered. I will put up some screens aswel as my autoexec.cfg file (this file automatically executes specific commands i have set) with the settings and most importantly my sweetfx injector setup. :cool: You really gotta MAX it out to get the full cry-engine 3 experience 😉

mrwolf wrote:
Ok so i finnally got my hands on this monster of a game !!

HulkSmash you were right man ! This is nothing like the beta lol !

But despite the high level of graphical quality i have managed to get this running on Very high - High settings with only shading on medium !!! Water, game effects, particles, textures, objects are all running on very high !!! :cool: Best part is it doesnt drop below 25 🙂 Mostly plays at 30-40 fps.. Also i have made a new OC profile for crysis3 which is 760/1700 lol..

I managed to tweak the autoexec.cfg file HEAVILY to achieve this frame rate on such high settings.. almost 10-15 settings that are not visable in game were changed including FOV which i maxed out, fog shadows i removed and mouse acceleration i also removed + much more tweaks. It looks absolutley unbelievable when you are hunting enemies in tessellated and volumetric shadowed water.. CRAZYY ! lol

Also i have added SMAA + Lumasharpen + Cineon DPX and Vibrance Injectors into the base game which has really enhanced the games look by about 50%. I has a moderate fps impact (like 5fps) But i have set it so that by pressing scroll lock button it disables the injectors instantly and you get your 5fps back 🙂 thats for places where it might be too GPU heavy..

Nvidia control panel settings played a huge part also. Certain key settings like pre-rendered frames really reduces the input lag to like 0 !!! which really helps make the game more playable.

Now i can guarantee you guys that this is the LIMIT. This is the best you will get crysis 3 running on a G75 in terms of quality+performance. It just cant look any better.. It is pretty much ultra high on most things.. lol was really shocked that my system can handle it too 🙂

Anyways just thought id let you know that the optimum settings for this game has been discovered. I will put up some screens aswel as my autoexec.cfg file (this file automatically executes specific commands i have set) with the settings and most importantly my sweetfx injector setup. :cool: You really gotta MAX it out to get the full cry-engine 3 experience 😉

How Do You Do All Of The Tings You Meniond Above Bro?

siddique305 wrote:
How Do You Do All Of The Tings You Meniond Above Bro?

Well i put up a nice and easy step by step guide on page 2 of this thread - http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?29466-Crysis-3-settings-on-G75/page2

Once you have installed the injectors, Then you need to update the settings files that i explained in this post as the first initial settings had alot of bugs:

Also highly reccomend you get the hypermatrix app that changes cpu resolution timing mentioned in my post below. That has given me fps boosts in like ALL my games !

mrwolf wrote:
Wolf settings version 2 is here ! 😛

I changed aloot of things and have also optimized it a bit so you can get better fps.. Just swap over the new autoexec.cfg and sweetfx_settings file aswel in the main root directory..

( Make sure to start game, and set the shadow settings to Very High, then restart the game and it show custom like before but will have many things scaled up - also prevents some shadowing bugs ) Also set shaders to medium as i changed some sweetfx settings to compensate for it. should get better fps and no loss in quality.. Also there should be less of an fps hit with sweetfx on and it should look more realistic no so oversaturated.

Autoexec - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57333195/autoexec.cfg

sweetfx settings - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57333195/SweetFX_settings.txt

I managed to find this very interesting app check it out, it actually seems to work pretty well in Planetside 2 aswel. Gives little bit better fps but mainly stabilizes fps, prevents big frame drops as cpu seems to work harder, although this game is mainly GPU bound on our laptops but it still helps because it reduces input lag even more making it much more playable..

EDIT: This actually makes a huge difference to fps too.. just had a play through with and without it running on maximum and it was like 8fps difference lol..

(DO NOT USE HIS IN GAME SETTINGS THEY SUCK)

You can download the file in the description (DO NOT USE HIS IN GAME SETTINGS THEY SUCK) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hcuYiqib9I&feature=youtu.be

Note: You need to keep the application minimzed or open while playing crysis 3. When you close the app it just resets everything to default and lets windows handle it all..

Any feedback or improvements would be good.. Looks great and plays great tho :cool: