cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relook At Battlefield 3: The Game, The DLC & The Future

Mankz
Level 10
October 2011 seems like quite a long time ago doesn't it?
Well that's how long its been since Battlefield 3 was launched to the world by EA and DICE, and 15 million cross-platform sales later, its time to take another look. How does it feel and compete a year later; against its rivals, and against itself? How has it evolved and progressed since launch day, and finally, whats going to happen next?

http://rog.asus.com/209202013/gaming/one-year-on-battlefield-3/
12 REPLIES 12

fr3d
Level 10
Battlefield 3 is a really good game it is realistic and fun. The thing that i would really want to get is the DLC but somehow its expensive than the actual game.

I still play BF3 every weekend , as I did BF2 before. There are so many things to love about this game. The only thing they failed us on is built in VOIP for the PC ver., with BF2 it was so great to talk to your team, yea I know you can use 3rd party programs to do this but it's much more trouble and everyone won't have it. and also the Commander was cool too but they left that out and it's not as big a deal as VOIP is. I have given up hope of them adding VOIP in as a patch. BF3 graphics = 10 / Fun = 8.5 BF2 graphics = 8 / Fun = 10:confused:

I prefer CoD BO II, but I know that BF3 is more realistic. I hope EA is full-out with their BF4. I guess it's gonna be awesome. Also MW4 is coming.

Hawkster wrote:
I still play BF3 every weekend , as I did BF2 before. There are so many things to love about this game. The only thing they failed us on is built in VOIP for the PC ver., with BF2 it was so great to talk to your team, yea I know you can use 3rd party programs to do this but it's much more trouble and everyone won't have it. and also the Commander was cool too but they left that out and it's not as big a deal as VOIP is. I have given up hope of them adding VOIP in as a patch. BF3 graphics = 10 / Fun = 8.5 BF2 graphics = 8 / Fun = 10:confused:

Its sort of a good thing because you dont get many people spamming which is really annoying

fr3d wrote:
Its sort of a good thing because you dont get many people spamming which is really annoying

You will never convince me of that.
The disadvantage of occasional spam chatter (worse on console then on PC) was far outweighed by the advantage of in game squad chat.
And spam chatter could be fixed by switching squads or muting the idiot.
Asus Z170X + Asus GeFroce GTX Turbo 1070 +... all kinds of Asus goodies. #Fanboi

I came from an xbox playing mw3 and bo2. Built a computer with the help of all you in this forum and started playing bf3. Gotta say im loving bf3 alot. Only played it for a week now but i like how much more there is to do in the game compared to playing on the xbox.
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

kkn
Level 14
i went from around 200 hours of COD:BO to BF:BC2 and do not regret doing it.
been playing BF2, BC2 and now BF3 and still love it, just a pain when you want to go non wehicles and ppl dont listen to the admins and so on and ruins it, and one more thing, too meny campers/snipers.
glad they can set sniper limits on the servers.
to shoot a person on COD you dont have the bullet drop like you have on BF3 and you hear ppl complaining about it, and they go back to COD.
COD can never get to the same level as BF3 ( or the BattleField series at all ).
the engine from treyarch have not been renewed since erly/mid 2000.

I don't play BF3 as much as did in 2012, but there is no doubt that it kept my attention far longer than any other multiplayer experience. I still love the game, but i have to have a group of friends to team up with before I will even consider playing it anymore. When the circumstances are right, it still offers most fun I have ever had in a FPS.
**i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz~ Cooler Master V8 ~ Asus Maximus V Formula ~ G Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB DDR3-1600 ~ Thermaltake Black Widow 850W 80+ Bronze ~ Kingston HyperX 3K 120G SSD ~ 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB
~ WD 500GB ~ 2x ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti TOP 2GB ~ Philips 1080p 39"**

[IMG][/IMG]

Mystery-_-Man
Level 9
I honestly preferred the look and feel of battlefield bad company 2. Not really sure why. I still love BF3, and play it whenever I can, but I still can't help but love BC2. The music, the gameplay, the destruction, the look. Idk, it just played better in my opinion. I cannot wait to see what BF4 has to offer.