Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Mankz's Avatar

Relook At Battlefield 3: The Game, The DLC & The Future

October 2011 seems like quite a long time ago doesn't it?
    Well that's how long its been since Battlefield 3 was launched to the world by EA and DICE, and 15 million cross-platform sales later, its time to take another look. How does it feel and compete a year later; against its rivals, and against itself? How has it evolved and progressed since launch day, and finally, whats going to happen next?

http://rog.asus.com/209202013/gaming...battlefield-3/

Battlefield 3 is a really good game it is realistic and fun. The thing that i would really want to get is the DLC but somehow its expensive than the actual game.

ROG Member Array

Great Game, but no VOIP

I still play BF3 every weekend , as I did BF2 before. There are so many things to love about this game. The only thing they failed us on is built in VOIP for the PC ver., with BF2 it was so great to talk to your team, yea I know you can use 3rd party programs to do this but it's much more trouble and everyone won't have it. and also the Commander was cool too but they left that out and it's not as big a deal as VOIP is. I have given up hope of them adding VOIP in as a patch. BF3 graphics = 10 / Fun = 8.5 BF2 graphics = 8 / Fun = 10

ROG Guru: White Belt Array AlexTheRepublican PC Specs
    AlexTheRepublican PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G55VW-DH71
    MotherboardROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-7700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB DDR4 2133MHz CL13 Dual Channel Kit
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX GAMING 8GB DDR5 256-bit
    Storage #1WD Blue 1TB SATA-III 7200 RPM 64MB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H80i v2
    CaseCorsair Carbide SPEC-Alpha black-silver
    Power SupplyCorsair RMx Series RM550x, 80+ Gold 550W
    Keyboard Logitech G413
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Headset Logitech G913
    Mouse Pad ROG Whetstone
    Headset/Speakers Sony SRS-X2 (AUX)
    OS Windows 10 64-bit
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC1200G+

I prefer CoD BO II, but I know that BF3 is more realistic. I hope EA is full-out with their BF4. I guess it's gonna be awesome. Also MW4 is coming.

i went from around 200 hours of COD:BO to BF:BC2 and do not regret doing it.
    been playing BF2, BC2 and now BF3 and still love it, just a pain when you want to go non wehicles and ppl dont listen to the admins and so on and ruins it, and one more thing, too meny campers/snipers.
    glad they can set sniper limits on the servers.
    to shoot a person on COD you dont have the bullet drop like you have on BF3 and you hear ppl complaining about it, and they go back to COD.
    COD can never get to the same level as BF3 ( or the BattleField series at all ).
    the engine from treyarch have not been renewed since erly/mid 2000.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array WeRNothiNg's Avatar

I don't play BF3 as much as did in 2012, but there is no doubt that it kept my attention far longer than any other multiplayer experience. I still love the game, but i have to have a group of friends to team up with before I will even consider playing it anymore. When the circumstances are right, it still offers most fun I have ever had in a FPS.
    **i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz~ Cooler Master V8 ~ Asus Maximus V Formula ~ G Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB DDR3-1600 ~ Thermaltake Black Widow 850W 80+ Bronze ~ Kingston HyperX 3K 120G SSD ~ 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB
    ~ WD 500GB ~ 2x ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti TOP 2GB ~ Philips 1080p 39"**

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkster View Post
    I still play BF3 every weekend , as I did BF2 before. There are so many things to love about this game. The only thing they failed us on is built in VOIP for the PC ver., with BF2 it was so great to talk to your team, yea I know you can use 3rd party programs to do this but it's much more trouble and everyone won't have it. and also the Commander was cool too but they left that out and it's not as big a deal as VOIP is. I have given up hope of them adding VOIP in as a patch. BF3 graphics = 10 / Fun = 8.5 BF2 graphics = 8 / Fun = 10
    Its sort of a good thing because you dont get many people spamming which is really annoying

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by fr3d View Post
    Its sort of a good thing because you dont get many people spamming which is really annoying
    You will never convince me of that.
    The disadvantage of occasional spam chatter (worse on console then on PC) was far outweighed by the advantage of in game squad chat.
    And spam chatter could be fixed by switching squads or muting the idiot.
    Asus Z170X + Asus GeFroce GTX Turbo 1070 +... all kinds of Asus goodies. #Fanboi

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array drop4205 PC Specs
    drop4205 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)What are laptops
    MotherboardMaximus XI Formula
    ProcessorI9-9900K
    Memory (part number)Gskill Trident Z F4-3200C14-32GYZR
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia Reference RTX2080TI
    Graphics Card #2ha I wish
    Graphics Card #3ha I wish
    Graphics Card #4ha I wish
    Sound Cardha I wish
    MonitorMSI Oculux-NXG251R
    Storage #1Samsung970 EVO Plus 1T
    CPU CoolerHeatkiller
    CasePhantex Evolove X
    Power SupplySessonic Prime Titanium 850
    Keyboard ROG Strix Flare
    Mouse ROG Gladius II
    Headset Astro A40
    Mouse Pad Corsair
    Headset/Speakers Astro A40TR
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
    Accessory #1 Ek GPU Block
    Accessory #2 EK SE 360 Rad, EK PE 360 Rad
    Accessory #3 EK D5 Vario 140 Pump/Res

I came from an xbox playing mw3 and bo2. Built a computer with the help of all you in this forum and started playing bf3. Gotta say im loving bf3 alot. Only played it for a week now but i like how much more there is to do in the game compared to playing on the xbox.
    Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, ROG Strix Flare keyboard, ROG Gladius II

ROG Enthusiast Array

I honestly preferred the look and feel of battlefield bad company 2. Not really sure why. I still love BF3, and play it whenever I can, but I still can't help but love BC2. The music, the gameplay, the destruction, the look. Idk, it just played better in my opinion. I cannot wait to see what BF4 has to offer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast