Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

BF3 is my goto MP. I'm sitting at about 550hrs right now, with the same in BF:BC2 and 1300hrs in BF2 before that. I love the BF franchise.

Looking back I have to say I've enjoyed all the DLC for different reasons. End Game has probably been my favorite apart from Return to Karkand. My least favorite has likely been Armored Kill, which is opposite of what I expected. After Close Quarters I figured AK would be my favorite, but two of the maps were SOO big they became unfocused, the battle too broken up and slow. I got bored, even in 64 player, and gave up on it after completing its assignments. I still enjoy the maps Death Valley and Armored Shield, but the others I've taken a very "meh" view on.

The return of CTF was welcome, but really I love that you can do about anything in this game. You can hope in a 64 player SDM server on Canals and just rank weapons nonstop for days if you want, and do it in such a way that CoD (a game I've also played a ton of) could never compete with. If that idea doesn't interest you, you can go for the all out war of Assault, infantry action of Rush or hop in a jet and do all the dog-fighting you could ever want in Air Superiority. BF3 has become such a mixed bag there is almost too much to choose from. I don't mind that in one of their games, but I'm hoping it doesn't become an ear mark of all their future games.

I'm hoping, with BF4 coming so relatively soon after BF3, that it will have its own personality and it will be a bit more focused and refined. I read rumors of a return to Commander mode, three factions and an expansion of water battle (anyone remember being able to move their Carriers in BF1942?). If it retains all the popular BF franchise features, but also introduces a select few new, thought out, polished mechanics, I will be excited once again. Either way, here's looking forward to another excellent BF game.
    FIRE~
    Cosmos S || Evga E760 "Classified" || i7 960 @ 4.0Ghz w/ H100 || 6 Gb Dominator GT || Torqx 128Gb SSD || 2TB Caviar Black || Evga 680 FTW || X-Fi HD || CM Silent 1000 || 3 x Dell U3011 *7680x1600* || 5.1 - Marantz / Axiom / Velodyne || 64bit Win7

ICE~
    Cosmos S || Evga NF71-A1 || E8500 || 4 Gb XMS2 || 1TB Caviar Black || XFX 5870 XXX || X-Fi || PC&C Silencer 750 || XHD3000 || 64bit Win7

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Preacher's Avatar

I have clocked a few hours up playing BF3, the only reason is that IMO it is the only game that has been worth playing for the past 18 months. To be honest I never really liked BF3, it is not a patch on BFV BF2, or BFBC2 for that matter. EA sold out to the consoles and left the PC gamers as a poor second.
    I am glad that ARMA 3 is now out as it is a far far better game IMO than BF3. Even though ARMA 3 is still in alpha I enjoy playing it as I have done with the whole series starting off with the original Op Flash back in the late 90's early 00's.
    At the momment I can say I will not be buying BF4, mainly because of the incompetence of EA and how they ignore their community, which to me is a kick in the teeth for all the people who have paid good money, they segregated the community by bringing out Premium, and have had too much downtime. They continue to bring out patches that alter the characteristics of certain weapons and vehicles and ignore the most basic of things.
    The main reason I built my new rig 5 months ago was specifically for ARMA 3, so I am now happy I have a decent game to play on my new rig.
    Intel i7 3770K@ 4.5GHz,
    Silverstone Heligon HE01
    ASUS Maximus V Formula, 1803 BIOS
    16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 @ 1866MHz, 9-10-9-27
    MSI GTX 970
    Samsung 250GB SSD
    Seagate 500GB 7200 RPM HDD
    Antec Earthwatts 650 PSU
    NZXT Phantom 630
    Win 8 Pro x64

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array mrwolf's Avatar

Hmm.. i know you guys love your bf3.. But really and truly, Dice and EA have failed the battlefield franchise as a whole.. Im sure there are still some of you out there that play it but really battlefield just isnt as good as the old ones and they havnt kept up with todays tech at all..

If you wanna play a TRUE battlefield game, that requires a platoon of troops (2000 players one map/continent - not some crappy 64 player bull****), co-ordinated attacks and seriously thought out strategies ( Which battlefield has none of - BF3 is just like a BIG counterstrike LOL ) Then check out planetside2.. Its free, you dont need to pay anything, the game is better than bf in every single way, just make sure you have a mic for comms and just download and youll forget all about bf3 and bf4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3qPDib_q1k

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2