cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA taking too long....

najirion
Level 7
Hi,

I posted a thread about my P8Z77M-PRO last December 2012 and was found out to be dying... It was sent for RMA during that on the 2nd week of December 2012. I'm getting impatient because it's still not here (with my dealer). How long does it take to "repair" a motherboard? Is it really that long??? I cannot inquire about it in the ASUS support site since it's asking for the RMA ticket number and I don't have that. My dealer probably know that but he also don't have any idea when it would be repaired and returned....

As of now I am using a P8Z77-V which also have some issues and would need RMA (2 DIMM slots now working) but considering that it takes a very loooooooooooooong time.. I'm starting to hate the idea.. I love ASUS products but I'm starting to unlike the support services..
Intel i5-2500k - ASUS Maximus V Gene - ASUS GTX 660 DCU II
ASUS ThunderFX - Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 850w
OCZ Vector 120GB - Corsair H90
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB - Coolermaster Storm Trooper
23 REPLIES 23

HiVizMan
Level 40
How it works (sadly) you send your board in to the retailer. He waits untill he has a full pallet of motherboards to return to the wholesaler. The wholesaler does the testing and replacing. So for all you know your motherboard might still be at the retailers storeroom and has not even been processed yet. Very few retailers do their own testing and RMA, they all send it on to the wholesaler.

Chase up the retailer is my suggestion. Demand to know the status of your RMA.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
How it works (sadly) you send your board in to the retailer. He waits untill he has a full pallet of motherboards to return to the wholesaler.
that is true. many retailers do this (not much you can do about it) but they need to give you a response on the status of your RMA. where i live there is a law that said if the retailer cant repair the device that has warranty within 45 days they must give a new device, and if the device is unavailable they must give a device of equal or grater value. hope this helps
Dont burn! - PCexpert4life

HiVizMan wrote:
Chase up the retailer is my suggestion. Demand to know the status of your RMA.

Agreed. Time to go there (if possible) and not leave without a board.imho
Not sure what country you are in -- but you may offer to 'Report it as Stolen' if you get no Joy.

Who is the Original Retailer ??? Name them here .. with such poor service ... they love seeing that.c.

Area_66
Level 11
A pallet ? .... for have owned a computer service shop in Manilla for 3 years, forget your RMA and purchase a new motherboard. The problem is not Asus, the problem is the distributors.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yip a pallet this is what we used.

To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

GRML4D
Level 7
two month and a half.... you are Toooo Zen ;']
if the shop or weshop is good , it takes 8 days max two weeks if delivery takes 2 or 3 days at each travel .
nearly 3 month is a quarter of the 1 year warranty . the mainboard should have been lost , are you sure it was delivered to the shop ?

for the second mainboard , try to send it to asus , start talking to them and complain about the first mainboard ; if all went right with delivery .
may be they will send you a brand new one and take the second for rma

najirion
Level 7
uhhhh.. I was expect these answers. I do have a good idea about the process but I didn't know the retailer would also conduct repairs and testing. can't I just send it directly to ASUS RMA centers using just the serial numbers and stuff? I mean it should determine the warranty period it covers right just by telling when it was manufactured... So I can demand for a replacement just because it exceeded 45 days? I don't think that will happen here.. not in my country... 😞
Intel i5-2500k - ASUS Maximus V Gene - ASUS GTX 660 DCU II
ASUS ThunderFX - Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 850w
OCZ Vector 120GB - Corsair H90
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB - Coolermaster Storm Trooper

GRML4D
Level 7
retailers check if board is ok or not . mainboard makers check the boards and recover the good components for a new mainboard .
have you registered as a vip here ?

http://rog.asus.com/about/asus-membership-and-vip-membership-explained/

https://vip.asus.com/login.aspx

at least you will have registered the serial numbers of all your asus products

you should email again to the retailer and phone to him also to have a refund or a new mainboard
then you send an email explaining all to asus using the vip

HiVizMan
Level 40
Each country has their own RMA conditions and terms. In the UK for example it is the retailer that manages the RMA for at least a year. So you send it to the retailer and some of the big ones have their own testing stations. Others do not and stock pile before sending it on to the reseller who tests the boards for them.