cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Customer Service/ RMA rating

WiLd_FyeR
Level 7
Before I make my big purchase today on the Asus Maximus V Extreme and Asus GTX 670. I wanted to know how the customer service is. Please chime in with your experiences....
16 REPLIES 16

xeromist
My motherboard died(possibly caused by a bad PSU) and they replaced it. Didn't have any issues.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Zka17
Level 16
Well, I haven't had to deal with Asus customer service yet... - but it may be helpful if you would mention in which part of the world are you... also, WiLd FyeR, here on the ROG Forum you can get nice support on on both mobos and graphics cards... 🙂

chrsplmr
Level 18
Welcome to ROG Wildflyr .... worry not in the least.

That said .. it starts with the retailer ... a reputable retailer .. errr .. one with a good 'return' policy.
NewEgg .. TigerDirect .. ect ... The first sign of issue .. send it right back to Them.

From there .. any issues .. let me say that again .. ANY issues you have that are not
hardware specific problems .. the membership here will help you.

If after that if you need Asus RMA .. (register on vip .. do rma through them thats the policy)
then immediately PM (Private Messege) any cl- (customer service) here .. with the info
and numbers and I am confident 'they' will walk you the rest of the way...

I would not hesitate to buy Any ROG product myself .. not in worry of support .. no way.

Have I personally had RMA issues with Asus ??? ... yes.
Have I seen issues .. yes. With very few .. I can think of four off hand that didnt
turn out well .. mostly not for lack of trying ... (Granger is the exception .. G53 .. power plug)
Mine ??? They did back flips to make me happy .. and although I still to this day miss
my CrossHair IV Extreme .. they sent me a brand new CrossHair V Formula/Thunderbolt
to replace it ... Best of Luck .. Go For It. We will be right here to help .. and worry
not of the rest ...c.

WiLd_FyeR
Level 7
I've been reading a lot of RMA customer service issues on New Egg for the Mobo and GPU. I see that ASUS customer service replied back to help with the issues in NewEgg. But why does someone have to complain and then another service rep will need to help out. It should be the first time that you issue an RMA and have the issue resolved rather having to complain the 2nd time around.

Anyway, my thoughts, maybe ASUS is trying to save money for those who don't complain for the 2nd time. I know if Customer Service shot me down the first time I don't think I would try again. Just my $0.02 cents.

Kinda worried now pulling the trigger

Chino
Level 15
Before I bought my first Asus product, I had read numerous horror stories as they would call it on the internet. First impressions are always difficult so you have to rely on what you read. But in the end, you'll just have to trust your gut. If you feel you can get better service or better quality products from another manufacturer, then go ahead.

WiLd_FyeR
Level 7
Here's my other worry, how do you know your replacement part is brand new. It's probably a refurbished like the below complaint in NewEgg.

Cons: I have contacted ASUS, recieved an RMA #, sent in my defective card and paid premium shipping via FedEX. I recieved back an old, beat up, EXTREMELY DIRTY video card with thick brown dust on the fan. Card does NOT work. It looks like someone yanked it out of an old beatup system and threw it in a box and sent it to me. It was not packed, it was wrapped in a piece of paper and stuffed into a small box. DO NOT RELY ON ASUS SUPPORT!

Other Thoughts: Believe the horror stories about ASUS support. It is painfully slow and as you can see when they do finally replace something it's with complete garbage. I am highly displeased and will NEVER purchase another item ASUS offers.

Manufacturer Response:
Dear Matthew,

Please allow me to remedy your dissatisfaction by getting you a proper replacement. If you can provide me your previous RMA and any concerns you had about the service, I will do my best to make sure that it doesn't happen again. You can reach me at cl-jeremy@asus.com with any details you are willing to provide.

Regards,
Jeremy
ASUS Customer Loyalty

WiLd_FyeR
Level 7
Pros: Great bang for the buck over GTX 680s. Runs cool and quiet.

Cons: Bought 2 of these. One failed after 6 months. Was getting display driver stopped working, artifacts, crashes, black screen, flickering screen with 10 minutes of going into Windows. Sent it back to Asus for repair/replacement via UPS TWO DAY at my expense. Asus sent it back the day after they got it which was great BUT i don't think they even bothered to test it! I got the same card back today, same issues and I've built a new system just to test this card and rule out all other possibilities and got the same problem in a completely different PC.

WiLd_FyeR
Level 7
My other worries of having to receive refurbished products from ASUS when you buy a new product. From NewEgg

Pros: This is my 223rd Asus custom build, and my 25th Maximus Board. Love the features, layout and looks.

Cons: Board arrived two days ago DOA (Dead on Arrival). Contacted newegg, they tell me I have to ship board back for testing before they replace it; major pain. This is the problem with Asus, they build a good board when they work, but they have bad QC and the policy they have is to replace a new board with a repaired one even when a new retail board arrives dead, this is just bad customer service when you lay out this kind of money. I just purchased another one (spending another $400) before I ship the defective board back so I don't have to wait to put my new machine together.

Other Thoughts: I don't understand the mentality behind the replacement policy. If a board at this level has an issue out of the box, Asus should just replace it, no questions asked. I do a lot of custom builds at my PC repair store, I usually use Intel boards just so I don't have to deal with Asus if I have an issue.

kkn
Level 14
whit all the mobos they spitt out, there will always be a busted one.
its the same thing whit every thing else.
in the end its up to you what you want to buy or not.
we ( the users on here ) have ppl on asus US and UK poking in here at times, we have ppl at US asus that can help you whit RMA on here.
all the users whit @asus behind their nick, is from a asus company some where in the world.
and refurbished, if you send back to the place you buy a thing from and you want a new one ( RMA or some thing ) and they send you a used one, then its the online store and nod asus.
and that they are not alowed too. ( well where i live that is )