cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When are the 700 series coming out.

skywalker311
Level 8
Hey guys, I was wondering when nvidia new line is coming out. I thought I heard 2014 but I'm not sure.
I do know about the new titan card that just come out.
Phanteks enthoo primo, i7-4770k, ASUS MVIF, 16GB G.Skill Trident X Ram, ASUS 780 Ti DC2O, Samsung 120GB and crucial M500 480gb SSD, 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive, NZXT 850W power supply
EK Supremacy, EK ASUS MVIF Water Block, EK Monarch Series X4 Ram, EK ASUS 780 Ti DCII, EK 420 Cool Stream Rad, XPSC 240mm RAD,Monsoon Series Two Dual Bay Reservoir, Swiftech MCP655-PWM-Water Pump, Monsoon Compression Fittings & Tubbing, Mayhems Pastel Red with Mayhems ultra pure h20.
18 REPLIES 18

ColonelS
Level 9
Calling for MarshallR~
Click ->Republic of Gamers<- official Facebook page

X-ROG
Level 15
In 2013*

*I've no idea.

maximiza
Level 11
From reading everywhre , they are claiming by end of year. But the Titan is the fastest single GPU now . I am assuming they had allot of Teslas that did not meet QA so they are going to run with the Titan for now which are basicly defective Teslas. I would not be surprised if they delay the 700's now. I am waiting for end users to get some Titans and give opinions.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
^^^ care to elaborate on exactly how it is you know the Titans are allegedly defective Tesla's?

maximiza
Level 11
It was dedution from articles like these, you know they are going to be chips that do not meet tesla standerds. Yeilds are no where 100% on anything made.
http://vr-zone.com/articles/amazon-orders-more-than-10-000-nvidia-tesla-k10-cards-k20s-to-follow-/17...

I think actually there is only 2 cuda core difference between Tesla and Titan. They would not disable 2 on purpose on such large dies.

Defect may not be the right word, below tesla standerd is more approprate.

maximiza wrote:
It was dedution from articles like these, you know they are going to be chips that do not meet tesla standerds. Yeilds are no where 100% on anything made.
http://vr-zone.com/articles/amazon-orders-more-than-10-000-nvidia-tesla-k10-cards-k20s-to-follow-/17...

I think actually there is only 2 cuda core difference between Tesla and Titan. They would not disable 2 on purpose on such large dies.

Defect may not be the right word, below tesla standerd is more approprate.

I think you mean "binning"? Tesla chips that can't be binned as Tesla will be binned towards Titan, so that Nvidia doesn't "waste" manufactured silicon? Doesn't mean that anything is "defective" per se, AFAIK.

TenBlade
Level 11
Darn it, I was eager to see if the advent of the 700s would have an effect on the price of the 680...Well, can´t hold off acquiring gpu forever :rolleyes:

TenBlade wrote:
Darn it, I was eager to see if the advent of the 700s would have an effect on the price of the 680...Well, can´t hold off acquiring gpu forever :rolleyes:
If you take into account that once 680 was launched, the 580 was withdrawn from the market, that could also mean that once 780 is out , there will be no 680 to buy at all.

maximiza
Level 11
lastest benchmarks put the titan faster in single and multiple setups. would 2 be overkill for 1900 x 1200 resolution??