cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sure this post will be again and again but i need your help guys

lawlezz
Level 7
i have asus g53jw...and my pc frozen crashes after 5 minutes gaming.....can u help me?
25 REPLIES 25

lawlezz
Level 7
please i need.....help.....

PILGRIM
Level 11
Two things you may try to do:
1. Try to do a Windows System Restore to a date when laptop was working well.
2. (What game is causing it to crash?) Go to the game's forum website and look for help.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

evga
Level 9
Its an overheating issue. Get a canned air and blow it through the gpu and cpu vents if that doesnt help , you will need to do an repaste on CPU + GPU but asus voids warranty if cpu was removed so its better to do it only for gpu.

lawlezz
Level 7
i clean it today...but i will put paste on cpu this days....and i format it..before format...i had 120 fps in lol now 60.....what happend.. 😕

dstrakele
Level 14
You report "my pc frozen crashes after 5 minutes gaming ". This may be a system lockup, where the laptop becomes unresponsive and must be reset, rather than an unexpected shutdown due to overheating, where the laptop just dies like someone pulled the plug. It's important to determine which problem you are trying to resolve.

Load up HWINFO64 andconfigure it to log CPU and GPU temperatures. When your laptop freezes or shuts down unexpectedly while gaming, you can then restart, open the HWINFO64 log file, and you'll see what the temperatures were just before shutdown.

Even though overheating is a common cause of unexpected shutdowns, you want to confirm it's taking place, so you know you're addressing the true cause of your problem. A faulty power supply can also cause unexpected shutdowns. It may also reveal your lockup is not related to thermal shutdown.

Monitoring temperatures will also help determine if your cleaning efforts reduce temperatures enough to avoid a repaste.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Pitcher1
Level 9
how is memtest result, is it pass?

evga
Level 9
but all asus laptops experience that issue its nothing to do with anything else but the gpu , due to it overheats then causes to trottle that make the vga driver crash, then the whole system crashes and you will need a restart .
The fps lock up at 60 due to vsync is on , if you turn it off you will get the fps amount as before.

Jporter396
Level 7
try a disk check, AVG PC tuneup has a nice one, or windows. Just rule out other things, the lockups happen for a reason.... Also get GPU-z to check your temperatures of your GPU to see if it is infact overheating.
Asus G73JH & Asus G75VX

test disk ok