ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array rog-classified's Avatar

Masimus v extreme PCIE- how to use

Hey guys. My question looks stupid i know but have to ask. I install first Asus gtx680 d2top(3slot) card in pcie x16/x8 (1) first slot. if i install secant gtx680 in pcie x8 -2b(black) slot, can i use the last pcie x8 (4) for my asus xonar phoebus. Because In MAXIMUS V EXTREME manual 1.2.5(online) , it says - "PCIe 3.0/2.0_x8_2B slot will be disabled when PCIe 3.0/2.0_x16_2A, PCIe 3.0/2.0_x8_3, PCIe 3.0/2.0_x8_4 slots are occupied" xonar phoebus card is already in pcie x8 (4) slot. it meen my 2b slot is disable? cant i mount second card to 2b. im using3 slot card and only can use 2b slot. any one can give me a advice on this cause second card on the way and i don't wanna open it if it cant use. freaking manual make me nuts.
    It ain't over till the fat lady sings ...

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array

Did you have installed another PCIE devices card?
    Yes,If used the PCIE_2B slot, will be cause 2A,3 and 4 Slot can't to use or recognition

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array rog-classified's Avatar

Thanks sukara. it mean the pcie x8 -2b(black) slot disable because of phoebus in pcie x8-4 (last slot). bad. I read that only pcie x16/x8-1 slot and pcie x8- 2b are native. if i mount the second gtx 680 in to pcie x8-2b( only slot i can use ), i cant no longer use my sound card, or if i use sound card i cant do sli. grate. i ask asus that i can mount second pcie x16/x8 -2a slot and last pcie x8 -4 slot to mount gtx680 sli and use first pcie x16/x8-1slot to sound card but they say it will not stable. wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by SUKARA@ASUS View Post
    Did you have installed another PCIE devices card?
    Yes,If used the PCIE_2B slot, will be cause 2A,3 and 4 Slot can't to use or recognition
    It ain't over till the fat lady sings ...