cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New G75 not holding communication with external USB Drives

griff
Level 7
Just got my G75 WIN8 and looks all nice except that any USB Drive I connect (not flash memory sticks) are continuously resetting. The longer one drive was connected was like 5 minutes. I have 2 Seagate GoFlex 3TB external drives working great with a DELL XPS 17 but resetting all the time when connected to my G75.
Any advice about how to fix this issue? I suspect a driver problem but it's a brand new machine bought 3 days ago and ASUS Live Update is not reporting any updates to be installed.
Thank you
5 REPLIES 5

TokoDude
Level 10
Yes i had a same issue 2 i had 1 TB from EGO

it was disconnecting and reconnecting hole time.

I updated every thing and still didn’t solve.
My sisters 1 TB External Drive did work good on my USB.
So the problem was the 1 TB was not compatible with windows 8. So try a difference External drive.

If its still the same problem try this:

It could be the ur External drive that doesn't work but try first to update al your Hardware. (make sure you have downloaded the driver from ur External drive)
Look at your ASUS update programs if you have already updated everything.
You can update it by going to the website of ASUS and select your model and you can see if you have the latest drivers.

And the USB drive update I had was from the programme DRIVER GENIUS but diden't work but you can try.
ACER PREDATOR G9-791 |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |16 GB RAM |GTX970M 3GB |FULL HD | 750GB SSD | Samsung 850 PRO & 2X M.2 SSD RAID 0
G75VW |Intel Core I7-3610QM |24GB RAM |GTX670M 3 GB |FULL HD | 526GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO & 850 PRO
GL552VW |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |12 GB RAM |GTX960M 3GB |FULL HD | 256GB SSD | Samsung

Clintlgm
Level 14
[Ok your on Win 8 so your USB 3.0 driver is native MS.
Asus USB charger Plus program. Uninstall it from Program Features. Reboot 2 twice, then reinstalled it and reboot twice, this has solve this problem on many Win 7 NB. It seems to have something to do with power to the G75 ports so it may work for Win 8 NB also.
USB 3.0 is very sensitive to cables.
In the beginning for me back in July I found that I had serveral Cables that were not working correctly, these were new cables that came with new external hard drive cases. Once I change them out it solved some problems simular to your problem.

I have had no problems using these USB 30. Cables
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

c_man
Level 11
Yep, cables are a pain these days. I have same problem with Samsung cables. Can't understand why.

My understanding is that the internal ports have very short connectors, cables have to be fully inserted and be manufactured for a good contact. I fear that with use our port will ware in and we'll have further problems down the road. It's not a ASUS problems but a USB 3.0 Standard Issue? I see several of the vendors are splitting the cables and using 2 connector to make the connection on their products. Not much help for our NB's
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Pitcher1
Level 9
how is your device use in other NB with same configuration, is it work normal?