cortez
Level 7
Hello,

registered here just to write about this problem:

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/HD7950DC2T3GD5V2/#support_Download_30
So, there are new BIOS versions posted 2013.01.24:

VBIOS update for HD7950TOP version
Improve performance and stability in 3D situation

So, TOP not TOP V2 which is important here because...

When you try to flash it, HD7950TOP.exe says "Your graphic card VBIOS is newest" but mine GPU-Z reported 113-AD38900-101 isn't because...

If you unpack HD7950TOP.exe by 7zip, for example, you'll see that there is 113-AD38900-103 BIOS version apparently for TOP, not TOP V2.

I force-flashed it with atiflash.exe to secondary BIOS position since TOP V2 has an additional DVI port which TOP V1 doesn't have and I'm pretty much enjoying more stable clocks and general stability.

Can somebody point this out to developers to fix this issue so I can avoid chatting with useless support?

Many thanks.
23 REPLIES 23

cortez
Level 7
Nobody... ?

Hi,
I also have a 7950 DC2T-V2 and I flash the BIOS, but frankly I see no difference in improvement.
I still do the maximum clock as well as with old BIOS. I do not understand, maybe I need to make uninstall drivers (13.2 beta5) and install again. Maximum voltage is 1090V ... I did not yet tried to play with raising the voltage. If you can explain to me in what sense do you have improvements.
Thanks

cortez
Level 7
It's boost bios with default voltage set at 1.25v which you can adjust and lower in GPU Tweak as you want.

GPU clock can be adjusted to even 1800+ MHz and voltage to 1.3V.

That boost bios version is 113, mine originally was 101 which wasn't very stable.

Rupy
Level 7
oh,
I only flash version "HD7950TOP" wich (Improve Performance and stability situation in 3D), but not the optional BIOS that enables AMD PowerTune technology with Boost.
Should I put that BIOS also?

cortez
Level 7
Yeah, you put 103 version, this one is 113.

Rupy
Level 7
Ok, thank you. I'll play with it tomorrow.

Rupy
Level 7
I flashed it with BIOS 113, but funny thing is that max. clock in GPU Tweak is only 1200MHz. I just can't go above. Is there any tweak for unlocking in ASUS GPU Tweak?

EDIT: I got it, now I just need to see how high I can go!

Hello all,

I need some help here!
I try to flash the latest firmware on a ASUS 7950 DC2T V2 but all I get is a message saying that I already have a newer VBIOS version installed.

Any HELP would be appreciated...

Thanks!!! 🙂

Hi,
maybe you're doing something wrong.
Just follow the instructions on this link: ATIWinFlash