Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

ok. I managed to flash the latest bios manually by using AtiWinFlash and not the downloaded exe.
    Thanks !!!

ROG Member Array

Hello, I got from asus site 2 files: VBIOS_UPDATE_HD7950_Optional.zip and VBIOS_UPDATE_HD7950TOP.zip. Then unpacked all, unpacked exe files and run Atiwinflash, but when I flashing bios (any from atiwinflash folder), I got error System ID Mismatch or ROM not erased.

ROG Enthusiast Array

May be you're trying to flash protected one. Did you change switch position?

There is a bios switch on card, read carefully and learn which one you must flash.

ROG Member Array

HD7950DC2T-V2 have 2 bios roms? Where can I swith it, I dont see switcher

ROG Member Array

My Thanks, I done it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hello there folks!

After doing the update, and doing some investigation, I found out that the last update for HD7950-DC2T enable a hybrid GOP UEFI/BIOS for this card.

I did feel performance improvement on the POST, it's quicker, probably due to UEFI.
    Plus, the GPU gets a 25MHz boost, probably to compensate for the release of the 7950 with Boost by AMD.

And the update is the same for the HD7950-DC2T-3GB5 and the HD7950-DC2T-3GB5-V2.

More info:
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post255941

New ROGer Array

Hello I Have HD7950-DC2T-3GD5-V2 to ! I want o flash my bios for the newwer version, and i have download the 2 update files, only the opcional one lets me unpack, the other one just says i have that bios already, after unpaking i runned win flash , loaded the roam into atiwinflash and pressed program, after that says it cant erase rom, do i have to look for smitch on board and selest bio? And wich one is te number of the bios i Should Flash to, since the unpacked exe from asuos gives me 5 bie ! Have Fun

ROG Enthusiast Array

JohnyRiffle,

When I updated my GPU, I had no errors at all, I just executed the updates in the sequence listed in the site and it all went smooth. I have no idea about the switch they are talking about.
    This is the support page for the HD7950-DC2T-3GD5-V2
    http://support.asus.com/download.asp...mbx1oadz9Yi9JD

I would also advise you to close all other applications while doing the update, just to be safe.
    The process is quick.

First, run the HD7950TOP - VBIOS update. When I executed, it only opened a black console screen that went away in a blink, I couldn't read anything, nor interact. There was no success message, nor failure, so I figured it went fine.

Second run the Optional update - AMD PowerTune with Boost.
    When you execute the executable contained inside that ZIP, it will decompress a lot of files inside to it's folder.
    Look for the ATIWinFlash.exe and run it.
    Just to be safe, save your current BIOS to a file.
    Click on the right most button - Save.
    In case something goes wrong, you have the current working BIOS to do the recovery.

Third - still on the ATIWinFlash, click on the left most button - Load Image.
    Look for the 113-C3810100-117.rom, which is the newest ROM file.
    Then, click on the middle button Program.
    It should take a few seconds to do it, I'd say about 30 seconds. The software does freeze while it´s programing, but it´s working fine, just wait.

Once it´s done, power down your PC, not reset. Wait 30secs and then turn it on again.
    Once Windows has loaded, you should be able to see the new clock of 925 MHz in the CCC app.
    Let us know if you get to update is sucessfully.

BTW, the buttons appear in portuguese to me, so I'm guestimating what they should be in English.
    Last edited by HalfBit; 04-27-2013 at 07:53 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by HalfBit View Post
    JohnyRiffle,

When I updated my GPU, I had no errors at all, I just executed the updates in the sequence listed in the site and it all went smooth. I have no idea about the switch they are talking about.
    This is the support page for the HD7950-DC2T-3GD5-V2
    http://support.asus.com/download.asp...mbx1oadz9Yi9JD

I would also advise you to close all other applications while doing the update, just to be safe.
    The process is quick.

First, run the HD7950TOP - VBIOS update. When I executed, it only opened a black console screen that went away in a blink, I couldn't read anything, nor interact. There was no success message, nor failure, so I figured it went fine.

Second run the Optional update - AMD PowerTune with Boost.
    When you execute the executable contained inside that ZIP, it will decompress a lot of files inside to it's folder.
    Look for the ATIWinFlash.exe and run it.
    Just to be safe, save your current BIOS to a file.
    Click on the right most button - Save.
    In case something goes wrong, you have the current working BIOS to do the recovery.

Third - still on the ATIWinFlash, click on the left most button - Load Image.
    Look for the 113-C3810100-117.rom, which is the newest ROM file.
    Then, click on the middle button Program.
    It should take a few seconds to do it, I'd say about 30 seconds. The software does freeze while it´s programing, but it´s working fine, just wait.

Once it´s done, power down your PC, not reset. Wait 30secs and then turn it on again.
    Once Windows has loaded, you should be able to see the new clock of 925 MHz in the CCC app.
    Let us know if you get to update is sucessfully.

BTW, the buttons appear in portuguese to me, so I'm guestimating what they should be in English.
    Hello, i tried to do all like you told me, this time the progrm went runing ok but it told me ( Id`s do subsistema incorrecto) Sub System Id`s Incorrect. and returns to 1st screen!

New ROGer Array

Done

Founf My Problem! Bios Switcher was on Protected Bios thats why everytime e was going to flash it the card was pwering itself out! After Changing switcher for 2nd Pos, flash went perfectly fast. but it flashed for another .rom, so i had to force flash on Comand Line to flash it to The right one ! Ty very Much for your help, you guide my mind to solution ! Just one more thing, protected bios is still working 100 % after my trys to flash it right? Greetz

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast