cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help, ****ed up my brand new G75VX

Ojpsan
Level 7
To start with im not that good with comps so bare with me.

Ok so here's the story,

I bought a brand new Asus G75VX with a 750gb hybrid and windows 8 on. When i got it i immideatly wanted to remove windows 8 and install windows 7. So i decided to do a clean install. I loaded the cd and went on with installing windows 7 when i came to choose wich partition u want to install on i cleaned the wrong partition (twice!) so the system partition was cleaned and the recovery partition. Then i cleaned the partition i needed for my OS. Thats when i noticed that i could not choose any of the partitions because it was a GPT partition.

So now i have a cleaned disk with nothing on it and i cant install windows 7. Only thing i can access is bios.

Is there anything i can do or should i just send my comp back to asus?
7 REPLIES 7

Here I thought you actually broke the computer, thats an easy one, follow what DeltaActual posted.
G55VW-DS71 - i7 3610QM - 16gb DDR3 1600mhz - 128gb SSD - GTX 660M 2gb

Ojpsan
Level 7
Thank you DeltaActual this saved me from going mental!! You shold pat yourself on the shoulder today!! 🙂

Ojpsan wrote:
Thank you DeltaActual this saved me from going mental!! You shold pat yourself on the shoulder today!! 🙂

no problem muchacho:) will do
G614JV

DeltaActual wrote:
no problem muchacho:) will do

+ rep? I think so
G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi Ojpsan,

fyi. I've never tried it myself and hopefully someone can correct me if necessary, but if you found their post helpful and want to add to DeltaActual's reputation, check the information to the left of DeltaActual's post and the 'star' icon second from the left (next to the IP icon) in the row of 4 icons to do this.
You can check reputation if you put your mouse over the green light (for now?) below where it says ROG Enthusiast for DeltaActual, you should see something like DeltaActual + 10 (or hopefully +20 if you successfully add to DeltaActual's reputation).
If it doesn't work, let us know and we can ask around about it more.

Andili
Level 7
Hi Ojpsan,

A good freind of mine had the exact same problem a week ago. we were trying 1 whole day to fix it but no luck.
He than took it to a shop and they were able to fix it within 4 hours.
This guy also told my friend that only win 8 ultimate has the option of downgrading installed.

Hope i could help

Andy