cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g75vw bhi7n07 Bluetooth?

nnoah90
Level 7
I have a G75VW BHi7N07 bought from Best Buy. It has a QualComm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter. I have searched this forum up and down and I've read that this wireless network adapter should have bluetooth. Iv downloaded the Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth suite under the Asus drivers for the g75vw but to no avail. Under my windows 8 pc wireless settings there is a toggle for bluetooth but it's greyed out. I have tried countless things..... Any advice or help would be awesome.
8 REPLIES 8

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi nnoah90,

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to have to give you the bad news, but I expect you want to know the truth.

I checked the (click to go to the link) BestBuy website for the G75VW-BHI7N07 and if you check under the specifications it lists 'Bluetooth enabled No', so it doesn't sound like your notebook came with bluetooth.

Not all G75VWs are configured the same as you have discovered, and in the U.S. and Canada there is an extended model name like G75VW-BHI7N07 to speciify the exact configuration, so you always want to refer to this full model name when purchasing an ASUS notebook in the U.S. and Canada.
If you only ask about the G75VW notebook, it could refer to any of those different configurations and you may not get exactly what you were looking for.

Hope this helps!

cl-Albert wrote:
Hi nnoah90,

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to have to give you the bad news, but I expect you want to know the truth.

I checked the (click to go to the link) BestBuy website for the G75VW-BHI7N07 and if you check under the specifications it lists 'Bluetooth enabled No', so it doesn't sound like your notebook came with bluetooth.

Well thanks for letting me know, I can stop banging my head against the wall trying to get it to work. What a waste of time :rolleyes:.

Regards

dstrakele
Level 14
http://www.qca.qualcomm.com/networking/brand.php?brand=3&product=105 is the manufacturer's product overview of the QualComm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter. You'll note it does not mention onboard Bluetooth.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

rewben
Level 13
if it's a AR9485WB-EG wireless wifi adapter (like mine), it should be a hybrid card (wifi/bluetooth combo chipset):

dstrakele
Level 14
That being the case, it's easy to see how @nnoah90 would think Bluetooth existed on his laptop.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

rewben
Level 13
@dstrakele, yeah you're correct; and it is also possible that bestbuy ordered a different wifi component though.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Although my G75VW test unit is not from BestBuy, it is using the Atheros AR9485 wireless adapter and doesn't have bluetooth as in the screenshot below. If you trust the store to stand behind the specs they list, I'd just check that before I buy.

rewben
Level 13
@cl-Albert, thank you very much for the clarification! now we know that there is a AR9485 that doesn't have bluetooth.