cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53SX CPU Temperature, multipliers and service

wildegnux
Level 7
I had my G53SX in for repair due to the power pin breaking. The people at the repair centre changed motherboard. When I got the laptop back the fans were running way too fast so I downloaded speedfan and speccy to check my temperature. Idle temp was between 60-70 degrees C and when running prime95 it went up to 100 and throttle (multipliers going down to 8 wich resulted in a ~800mhz core speed) so I imediatly sent it back to the repair centre for them to fix it properly.

Got it back today, and since they messed up the first time, i want to make sure my temps are now normal.
Idle temp: ~50 degrees C
When running prime95: ~85 degrees C

What worries me a bit is the multipliers. When in idle the multipliers are at 30, but under load they start dropping down to 24-25. This is running on the "high performance" setting in asus Power4Gear. I also noted that worm air is only comming out of the left fan. Is this normal or will I need to send my laptop back for another "repair"?
3 REPLIES 3

pablitopm
Level 7
i have 45°C - 50°C idle and when running games like FAR CRY 3 max is 86°C so i guess your tempetures are fine.

about the multipliers i have no idea 😄

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think it is ok for you temp too. what is multipliers?

wildegnux
Level 7
The multiplier is used to set the clock speed of the processor. This seems to be done dynamicly. The core speed is set to the bus speed (100mhz) times the multiplier. So when idle the clock speed is 3Ghz (100 x 30) but under load it is set to ~2.4 - 2.5Ghz which seems a bit strange, but I'm really not sure if that is how it is supposed to work or not.