cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Razor mamba or Cyborg Rat 7?

skiiermike
Level 7
As the title suggests I'm torn between the two.

I currently own the Razor orochi but I find it a little two small for my hand since I use a palm grip.

I can get the rat 7 for a great price right now but I do like the wireless option on the mamba.

Anyone with suggestions to help me out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
13 REPLIES 13

Shawnnepc
Level 13
skiiermike wrote:
As the title suggests I'm torn between the two.

I currently own the Razor orochi but I find it a little two small for my hand since I use a palm grip.

I can get the rat 7 for a great price right now but I do like the wireless option on the mamba.

Anyone with suggestions to help me out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I've personally have had issues with every Madcatz (Cyborg) product i've ever owned including a number of R.A.T mice.

However, I'm still using my Razer stuff personally without fault for a number of years.

We're also a Razer retailer and the only product lines that gave me any trouble are the Starcraft branded stuff and the lava Naga. None of the issues were due to any manufacturer defects but more along the lines of software or poor design. The Starcraft APM drivers never worked correctly and the Lava Naga produces a lot of heat (Which is ironic if you think about it)
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

ganji
Level 13
I've never had any problems with any of the Cyborg products i've owned. I had a RAT 5 which was great and got passed on to my daughter along with a Cyborg v7 keyboard that was also great, Just ugly 😄
My current mouse is an MMO7 which is also faultless and super cumfy 😄 for me.

mamaba gets my vote.
| CM HAF X | i5 3750k | EVGA 770 ACX | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 MB | OCZ Vertex 4 120GB |
| WD 1TB Sata3 Caviar Black | Antec HC 850 | Creative Recon 3D
|Creative G500 5.1 | Razer Abyssus

I would go for Razer Ouroboros in your case. It has the Razer logo ( generally the Razer quality ), the wireless option and the adjustable options similar to R.A.T.

As for the comment about the SC2 Razer series problems - I only had problem with the software when my new laptop came with Windows 8. The mouse still sometimes doesn't restore to original color after the game. Otherwise I have the whole SC2 themed peripherals and they work great. I also have the Razer Death Adder that also works great. So I will definitely go with Razer. Well if you are not looking for the most cost efficient mouse anyway...

skiiermike
Level 7
Thanks for the input.

I'm still not sure. lol

mrwolf
Level 10
Im using the RAT7 at the moment and now i feel i cant game without my RAT ! lol..

The level of customization with software aswel as customizing the mouse design itself is very good and increibly useful if you play alot of rpg/fps/mmo games and need alot of keys mapped to the mouse..

Also looks so cool on my desk 😛

Thanks everyone.

I went with the R.A.T. 7. I love them both but I couldn't pass up on the deal I got.

$60 brand new.

ganji
Level 13
Bargain! Nice choice 😄

wizzard1709
Level 7
I have both, the Mamba and the RAT 7. It took me around 1 month to get fully used to The RAT but after that I would never go back to the Mamba. Both of them work absolutely flawless.
Banchetto 101, Tt 1500, Xeon W 3540, 6GB Dominator GT 2000MHz , P6T6 REVOLUTION, Palit 570 Sonic, Xonar STX Essence, A-Data 128GB XPG SX 900, Corsair X128 GB e. SSD , Veloci Raptor 300GB, WD Black 1TB/ Keyboard Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 7, Mad Catz RAT 7 Gaming
Other fun stuff: Hailea water chiller. Koolance CPU-LN2