cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G46VW - Mic & Webcam not working

Ray_Khouw
Level 7
I installed M4 msata drive and did a clean install of windows 8. Realized that the mic and the webcam does not work when I tried to use it yesterday.

Any solutions?

Notes:
1. Uninstalling and Installing the audio driver package online
2 I have checked Device manager and microphone drivers are installed.
3. I don't see the webcam in device manager
4. I have reopened the laptop to triple check that all the connectors are attached
25 REPLIES 25

JwPwns
Level 10
where did you find the drivers for your device? go to asus support G46 and download both audio drivers (via and realtek) I installed lifeframe on mine when I install window 7 on mine but i don't recall installing any drivers to get webcam to work.. however i did download all of them and installed most if not all drivers available
Asus G46 vw
3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i7-3820QM processor
16GB-DDR Corsair Vengence 1600
128GB Samsung 830 Msata SSD + 750 GB HDD
GTX 660m + Windows 7 ultimate db Windows 8 pro

I downloaded the drivers from Asus website. I guess I'll try again and do another clean install of windows 8 and see how it goes.

Pitcher1
Level 9
please download and re-install again for audio driver and aslo check volum control manual setting, if asus have not provide driver at website, it is use windown driver, so please scan device in device manager.

I did a clean install of windows 7, and same thing. Webcam doesn't work and mic does not work as well. Webcam is totally undetected where as the mic drivers ARE and installed.

When i'm on windows 7, there is a "Universal Bus Controller" under device manager that is not installed. I wonder what it could be? My guess is the Asus Radio Controller...

Can anyone chim in? I've already installed all the drivers on the website.

Worst come to worst I will have to go back to Bestbuy to get this computer exchanged

Ray Khouw wrote:
I did a clean install of windows 7, and same thing. Webcam doesn't work and mic does not work as well. Webcam is totally undetected where as the mic drivers ARE and installed.

When i'm on windows 7, there is a "Universal Bus Controller" under device manager that is not installed. I wonder what it could be? My guess is the Asus Radio Controller...

Can anyone chim in? I've already installed all the drivers on the website.

Worst come to worst I will have to go back to Bestbuy to get this computer exchanged

i suspect that unrecognized usb device is webcam. have you installed ASUS Virtual Camera Utility? can you run it?

Yah, I installed the utility, but still no luck. From my understanding the utility doesn't carry any drivers

Ray_Khouw
Level 7
Would someone be kind enough to take a screen capture of their device manager containing their webcam and mic. Another screen showing which version of the drivers as well ?

Thanks in advance

JwPwns
Level 10
here mate, i attached the pictures of the device drivers, if u see any that u might be interested for the details shoot me a msg if i don't get back to you here

Asus G46 vw
3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i7-3820QM processor
16GB-DDR Corsair Vengence 1600
128GB Samsung 830 Msata SSD + 750 GB HDD
GTX 660m + Windows 7 ultimate db Windows 8 pro

Ray_Khouw
Level 7
Yeah, I don't have that webcam shown. Let me see if I can manually find driver to see if it will install. Weird thing is that when I was on windows 8, not a single thing was shown as unidentified in the device manager list.