cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SLI option GTX 470s

Retired
Not applicable
Greetings first time user on this forum looking for someone who can perhaps add some insight into a problem I'm having. I previously had 2 GTX 470's in SLI on my old 680i board. After a couple good years the motherboard ended up dying on me and I was running a single card on an Asus p5n-d. Two days ago I did a total upgrade to Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z (awesome btw).

So I'm stoked out and planning to finally be in SLI once again. After doing a clean install of Win7 Ultimate x64 and installing the latest Nvidia drivers (275.33), I crashed out to a black screen after I hit apply SLI. At this point the system hangs for maybe 15 seconds on a black screen then windows reverts back to 800x600. Both cards are no longer detected on the system until I restart. After a restart SLI is again disabled in the nvidia control panel.

I have tested both individual cards on the maximus iv and my old p5n-d and they are both working great. I have tested the pci-e slots on the maximus and again all is well. I have used 3 different SLI bridges. I also did another clean install of Win7 with the 207.61 drivers and now I don't even have the option to turn on SLI. Both cards are seen in the nvidia control panel and in device manager. Anyone have any idea what is going on here? Any insight would be appreciated. System info below.

i7-2600k - no oc
Maximus_IV_ExtremeZ
Gskill 1600 ddr3
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
2x Evga GTX 470
Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD
2x 300gb wd velociraptors
6 REPLIES 6

Retired
Not applicable
couple of things to try

update the bios
try both sets of SLI connectors on the board

also this might be a lucid issue but, i am not sure on that one.

Kipper
Level 10
Is the BIOS the same on both cards?

You might also try the latest Nvidia Beta driver 275.50

Retired
Not applicable
Yes the BIOS is the same on both cards. I might just give the Beta drivers a try. I just updated to the latest beta BIOS on the motherboard and am gonna try disabling lucid/igpu and the likes. I did get the SLI to enable after it reverted by disabling/re-enabling my second card in device manager but after a restart i had to update the drivers again.

Retired
Not applicable
I'm having exactly the same problem with 2 570's trying to SLi, also tried 2 470's no difference, it just will not activate SLi mode, screen goes black, or ghosts the Nvidia C-Panel sometimes.

Did you find anyway to get yours running SLi ?

I think now my board may be faulty, after hours of various trying 😞

Area_66
Level 11
Mine work fine with 2 x GTX 560 , take note in the device manager ; my drivers for the IGP are not install

Area_66
Level 11
ok try this, disable the iGPU

BIOS, Advance Menu, System Agent Configuration, Disable Initiate iGPU